Monster Trading Cards

Started by horrorhunter, August 09, 2014, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

These are incredible! Very high quality set.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on August 30, 2014, 07:34:52 PM
These are incredible! Very high quality set.
Yes, it's a great card set. All of the Good Stuff Cards product was very well done. When I was searching for links to post with more info about it I found next to nothing. That one link I posted seemed to be current but it wouldn't let me click the "checkout" button. Then I tried a search for goodstuffcards.com and nothing came up. I checked eBay for anything "Good Stuff Cards" and only a promo card for the "Henchmen Of Horror" series was listed for $9.99 OBO. Apparently Good Stuff Cards is out of business. I even checked Amazon- and zilch. I'm a little flabbergasted...I just assumed their cards were still readily available.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

All the great stuff disappears quickly, my friend. It's the crap that lingers around forever.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on August 30, 2014, 07:59:24 PM
All the great stuff disappears quickly, my friend. It's the crap that lingers around forever.
Geez!  :o...Just shows ta go ya- if you see something you like and you can afford it then grab it. I thought these cards would be around for awhile, but then, I guess it's been awhile. I'm still stunned this stuff actually seems to be scarce now. Maybe Mike knows somewhere a person could still buy Good Stuff Cards.

Yeah, you're right about the crap. All those damned home-made "wallets", pinback buttons, and fridge magnets, that are clogging up eBay monster searches are lingering large.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Dwight Frye...True Character (1998) is another cool set from Good Stuff Cards. 72 card set with a Title Card and cards #s 1-71. Nice photo fronts include a group of Dwight's deleted Bride Of Frankenstein scenes (cards 50-56). 1,000 numbered sets produced. Below are scans of the title card and cards 1-8 from my set.

Backs:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Another great set from Good Stuff Cards is Henchmen Of Horror (2001). 50 card set limited to 1,000 numbered sets. Hunchbacks, Werewolves, Brutes, and Psychos abound herein. Some of mine follow.

Backs:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Monster Magazine Collectibles Trading Cards (2001) is a 10 card set from Good Stuff Cards. 1,000 numbered sets were produced. These feature 19 Captain Company ads from Warren mags. Scans of cards 1-9 from my set are below.

Backs:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Scans of 9 various Good Stuff Cards promo cards, and both sides of a Good Stuff Cards sales brochure from my collection.

Backs:

GSC Sales Brochure (folds allowed scanner shadows):

Other Side:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Evidently Good Stuff Cards stopped producing new sets in 2002 or late 2001. Two of the promo cards above- Women Of Horror and Zombie Movie Classics are slated for release in 2002 and I don't think they were ever produced. I don't remember ever seeing them, and I would have certainly bought them as I bought everything that Good Stuff Cards made available. I'm craving Zombie Movie Classics just thinking about it.

I checked the Monster Card Index at monsterwax.com and neither set is listed.
http://www.monsterwax.com/monsterlistU2Z.html
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

I see you've already done your research on Good Stuff. They've been gone several years, but not as far back as 2001-2.  I don't know where to find any sets, or I'd get some of the ones I missed.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

HH, every set you posted is top notch. Really love the "Henchmen of Horror" selection.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 30, 2014, 11:04:28 PM
I see you've already done your research on Good Stuff. They've been gone several years, but not as far back as 2001-2.  I don't know where to find any sets, or I'd get some of the ones I missed.
I seem to remember going to their website after 2002, but I was referring to the two sets they never produced- Women Of Horror & Zombie Movie Classics, having never been made and according to the promo cards I posted they were supposed to have been released in 2002.

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 30, 2014, 10:22:43 PM
Evidently Good Stuff Cards stopped producing new sets in 2002 or late 2001. Two of the promo cards above- Women Of Horror and Zombie Movie Classics are slated for release in 2002 and I don't think they were ever produced. I don't remember ever seeing them, and I would have certainly bought them as I bought everything that Good Stuff Cards made available. I'm craving Zombie Movie Classics just thinking about it.

I checked the Monster Card Index at monsterwax.com and neither set is listed.
http://www.monsterwax.com/monsterlistU2Z.html

I'm not sure when they shut down their website but evidently they had quit making new sets by 2002 since those never came out. They probably kept the website active for awhile to sell off unsold product. I wonder what year their website bit the dust.

Also, didn't Good Stuff Cards have the horrorcards.org website where they listed all of the monster sets? That one is gone too. I wonder when it went down.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on August 31, 2014, 01:16:51 AM
HH, every set you posted is top notch. Really love the "Henchmen of Horror" selection.
Yeah, all those sets kick big monster butt. I was going to post links where anyone interested could buy them. Evidently, they are all secondary market now, and since a small limited number were made it looks like it's another evilBay waiting game for any to become available. I saved the 'Bay search to get an idea of just how scarce these things are now. I'm still a bit surprised...one minute something cool is easily and cheaply attainable...the next it falls off the face of the earth. Weirdsville, dude.  :o
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 31, 2014, 02:00:24 AM
Also, didn't Good Stuff Cards have the horrorcards.org website where they listed all of the monster sets?

Yes, they did. Great site!

And yeah, I misread your post about 2002.
CREATURE FAN

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN