Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 14, 2021, 04:20:24 AM
Oh, to be a horror virgin again...

I dunno if I'd say that.  I've seen a lot of stuff, it's just mostly what was on cable growing up, which were things that are largely from the 70s and on.  TCM had the monsters on occasion, but it was usually the core movies that I saw.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Lazarus on January 14, 2021, 02:04:59 PM
I dunno if I'd say that.  I've seen a lot of stuff, it's just mostly what was on cable growing up, which were things that are largely from the 70s and on.  TCM had the monsters on occasion, but it was usually the core movies that I saw.

When I was a rug rat, there was no cable, no videotape.  The airways were filled with cheap programming like 1930's/4o's movies - lots of old detective stuff.

The theater played new 1950's sci-fi movies at the Saturday Morning Kiddy Matinee.

I was still 10 when the Universal horror package aired "Frankenstein" as a first offering - October 1st, 1957 on Nightmare with Ottola Nesmith as horror host.  The 2nd show was "Werewolf of London".  I forget after that.
ADAM

geezer butler

Quote from: Lazarus on January 14, 2021, 04:13:53 AM
Universal Horror vol 1 came in.  I've never seen any of the movies in any of these sets, so I'm very much looking forward to these.

I agree with Mike. Great movies on there. Some consider The Black Cat the best Universal horror film of all time. The Raven is a personal fav too, but again I enjoy all the films in the set.

Lazarus

I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching these.  A nice benefit of the Universal Horrors is that I can watch them whenever, instead of waiting until my nephew is asleep, due to them being largely squeaky clean.  He only ever pays attention to them if there's a monster doing monster stuff, anyway.

Mike Scott

Just got these, today. When did amazon start making their own deliveries? I've always gotten my packages from USPS.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 16, 2021, 09:56:25 PM
Just got these, today. When did amazon start making their own deliveries? I've always gotten my packages from USPS.

Quite a while now.  Beware that they often deliver the day before their estimate.

One nice thing about their own delivery system, they even deliver on Sunday.

Great films, by-the-way!
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 16, 2021, 10:09:24 PM
Beware that they often deliver the day before their estimate.

My package was supposed to come tomorrow (Sun.).
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 16, 2021, 09:56:25 PM

If you have Amazon Prime, they( Amazon) ship with their own Drivers.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 16, 2021, 11:12:37 PM

Don't have Prime.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 16, 2021, 11:12:37 PM

I don't have Prime, but at least 60% of my packages are shipped by Amazon.

Maybe I am just close to one of their warehouses?
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 17, 2021, 12:10:45 AM
I don't have Prime, but at least 60% of my packages are shipped by Amazon.

Maybe I am just close to one of their warehouses?

That's what I thought.  With or without Prime, I think Amazon delivers with their Drivers.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Rich

I just ordered the 30 Film Universal Monster Blu-ray collection. Amazon had it for $81. I had a $10 gift card, so I got the entire thing for $76 (including tax, no shipping).

I figured with that price, it was now or never. I have all of that on DVD already, but I'm excited to finally have the entire Universal Monster legacy on Blu-ray.
Listen to them. Children of the Night. What music they make!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Rich on January 18, 2021, 12:29:09 AM
I just ordered the 30 Film Universal Monster Blu-ray collection.

Stay Sick! Turn Blue!  :)
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."