Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haunted hearse

I got the Mummy legacy collection, and Invisible Man legacy Commercial. Vincent Price was in the sequel, which is why he lent his voice for the gag ending at the end of "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein". What I didn't expect was both  Margaret Hamilton and Shemp Howard, in "The Invisible Woman".
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

Mike...In 3-D!

This bad boy showed up last night:

Gorgeous looking set when you crack it open. For anyone on the fence, there are a couple of issues, sadly.

Friday the 13th Part 3 (3-D version): There are issues with the title sequence in terms of the layering.
Jason Goes to Hell: There is an effects shot missing of an arm break. For fans of this movie, it looks like you still won't have a true uncut/unrated version on blu-ray.
Jason X: There's an audio issue during the sleeping bag kill. Apparently the audio of the victims screaming is missing.

Other than those problems (which gladly don't effect me too much as I have an uncut Jason Goes to Hell DVD and a different problem free Jason X blu-ray) I can't wait to dig in to this set.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on October 09, 2020, 08:22:02 PM
This bad boy showed up last night:

Gorgeous looking set when you crack it open. For anyone on the fence, there are a couple of issues, sadly.

Friday the 13th Part 3 (3-D version): There are issues with the title sequence in terms of the layering.
Jason Goes to Hell: There is an effects shot missing of an arm break. For fans of this movie, it looks like you still won't have a true uncut/unrated version on blu-ray.
Jason X: There's an audio issue during the sleeping bag kill. Apparently the audio of the victims screaming is missing.

Other than those problems (which gladly don't effect me too much as I have an uncut Jason Goes to Hell DVD and a different problem free Jason X blu-ray) I can't wait to dig in to this set.

This set is great. My issue is with Friday the 13Th, part III
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

For anyone looking to bolster their collections, Scream Factory is running their annual Shocktober sale right now.

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

Mike...In 3-D!

Criterion is running a 24 hour flash sale right now. 50% off on all in-stock discs. It's still $20 per movie, essentially, but it's cheaper than Amazon or Barnes and Noble on some of these titles.

Memphremagog

Newly arrived:

DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

Monsters For Sale

You're gonna like "Day the Earth Caught Fire".  Great image and entertaining/informative commentary.

Was definitely worth the bucks to me.
ADAM

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 02, 2020, 01:15:52 AM
You're gonna like "Day the Earth Caught Fire".  Great image and entertaining/informative commentary.

Was definitely worth the bucks to me.

I certainly did! Excellent release for sure!
DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

Quote from: marsattacks666 on November 02, 2020, 02:25:04 AM
The ARROW transfer of Mark of the Devil is fantastic.

I watched it last night and it looks like a whole new picture. Fantastic, indeed!
DARK SHADOWS: