Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Picked this up at used book/movie store. Continuing to upgrade my Friday the 13 films to Blu-ray.

2016-09-16_04-50-18 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Pretty excited about this release!

2016-09-16_04-51-29 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Stopped by Wal-mart to check out glow in the dark UM covers. They didn't have any. But I saw this for $10.

2016-09-16_04-52-20 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Mord

I hope you picked up "It Follows". That's one helluva of a film (especially for ten bucks).

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on September 17, 2016, 12:55:50 AM
I hope you picked up "It Follows". That's one helluva of a film (especially for ten bucks).

Great film.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

This one was a surprise for me:

Undying Monster - 1942

Kino Lorber:  Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tom Weaver | Concerto Macabre: The Films Of John Brahm Featurette | Restoration Comparison | Trailers

Release Date: November 22, 2016

Amazon is taking Pre-Orders.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_172280_208156990_pe_r2p4-img/?ASIN=B01LHC8T2A

The Amazon listing says it is in "widescreen".  I suppose that translates to the original 1.37:1 aspect ratio.

Nice treatment for this fun film.  I have always loved the foggy atmosphere in this one.

ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 17, 2016, 05:48:58 PM
The Amazon listing says it is in "widescreen".  I suppose that translates to the original 1.37:1 aspect ratio.

I hope they're not cropping Academy ratio movies to fit 16x9 TVs!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on September 17, 2016, 12:55:50 AM

Heck yeah I did! Only $9.99. One of the more interesting horror/suspense films in last decade imo.

I like that it's set in Motor City. I understand that "Don't Breathe" takes place in Detroit too. I gotta check that out. I was in the Motor City for a long time (actually just moved back out West). I love Detroit Rock City. I did a lot of field research there on gangs/at-risk youth. Anyhow, my point is Detroit can be pretty scary place depending on where you're at. So it's great setting for these kinds of films.

Mord

"Don't Breathe" takes place in Detroit and is excellent as well. Those are my two favorite films of the last few years.

Mike...In 3-D!

This little beauty was waiting on my porch for me yesterday:

"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Wolfman

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on September 20, 2016, 05:01:12 PM

It was on mine too!

JP

Monsters For Sale

Got mine a couple days ago (I live in the same state as the shipper) but I haven't had time to sit down and watch it.

Hope it's good - didn't see it in the theater.
ADAM

marsattacks666

I'm curious. What films are on this bluray?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 20, 2016, 05:33:10 PM
Got mine a couple days ago (I live in the same state as the shipper) but I haven't had time to sit down and watch it.

Hope it's good - didn't see it in the theater.

I loved it. It was one of my favorite new movies of last year. I hope you dig it!

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 20, 2016, 06:52:52 PM
I'm curious. What films are on this bluray?

It's an anthology of 10 shorts produced for this film. I definitely recommend seeing it if you get the chance.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on September 20, 2016, 06:57:41 PM
I loved it. It was one of my favorite new movies of last year. I hope you dig it!

It's an anthology of 10 shorts produced for this film. I definitely recommend seeing it if you get the chance.

I'm going to order it on Amazon. Thanks! ;D

VoorheesPhan138

I bought Escape from new york from shout factory, the frankenstein legacy blu ray collection and the wolfman blu ray legacy collectiom. Those are the latest things that I bought.

Monsters For Sale

Return of the Living Dead 3 (UNRATED) - Blu-Ray - Release date:  November 22, 2016

First time for this title UNRATED on disc.  Been waiting to toss my VHS for a long time.

The Lionsgate/Vestron release will come with these extras:

Audio Commentary with Director Brian Yuzna
       Audio Commentary with Star Melinda Clarke and Special Effects Supervisor Tom Rainone
       Ashes To Ashes – A Conversation with Director Brian Yuzna and Screenwriter John Penney
       Living Dead Girl – An interview with Actress Melinda Clarke
       Romeo Is Bleeding – An Interview with Actor J. Trevor Edmond
       Trimark & Trioxin – Interviews with Production Executive David Tripet and Editor Chris Roth
       The Resurrected Dead – Interviews with Special Make-up Effects Designers Steve Johnson and Chris Nelson
       Storyboard Gallery
       Still Gallery

Amazon is taking pre-orders:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KP7LBNW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER#postSPF

(Now if they would just release a disc version of Return of the Living Dead, Part II with the original music.)
ADAM