Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Joeynines on February 28, 2016, 08:36:50 AM
Scream Factory does a great job on this release, it's loaded with special features. The original title of this movie was "Halloween Party" but I prefer what it's now known as.....

Classic!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Joeynines

For all of you that remember and loved the video store days then this flick is for you. It was a blind buy for me and I'm so glad I bought it.
The aliens are here and their trying to take over by brainwashing us through the VHS hit "Remote Control" and it's up to the very young Kevin Dillon to save us.
It's a limited print of 1000 but there's still some available. I got mine directly from the films director Jeff Lieberman. If you want one too, here's the link.....
http://jeffliebermandirector.com/purchase2.html

Joe

Mike Scott

QuoteJeff Lieberman's "Remote Control"

Remember when you had to be a big name director (like Hitchcock) to do that!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChristineBCW

"...had to be a big name director..."

Yes!  However... this does provide, uh, insulation for all other participants in that film's process.  "It's HIS film!  HE did it!  I just obeyed orders!  It's HIS fault!!" 

What's Jeff's retort to that, then?  "Oh yeah?  Mom always liked you more!!"

It that it? 

I think so.

Mike Scott

Quote from: ChristineBCW on February 28, 2016, 04:32:52 PM
"It's HIS film!  HE did it!" 

"Oh, God! Not another Jeff Lieberman film!"
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Joeynines on February 28, 2016, 02:06:52 PM
For all of you that remember and loved the video store days then this flick is for you. It was a blind buy for me and I'm so glad I bought it.
The aliens are here and their trying to take over by brainwashing us through the VHS hit "Remote Control" and it's up to the very young Kevin Dillon to save us.
It's a limited print of 1000 but there's still some available. I got mine directly from the films director Jeff Lieberman. If you want one too, here's the link.....
http://jeffliebermandirector.com/purchase2.html

I still own Remote Control on VHS.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

neonnoodle

I like Lieberman's films.  He's a smart exploitation director.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Joeynines

As a kid, no one scared me more than Vincent Price. Now I can't get enough of him, bar far my favourite horror actor. In my books no one does it better than him. That being said, I don't need to tell you what I think of "The Vincent Price Collection III".

Joe

Joeynines

Grindhouse did it again with this new release of "Pieces". The transfer is outstanding, the bonus features I can't comment on as I'm viewing them right now but they are plentiful. It comes with a blu-ray, DVD, and a CD. I was lucky enough to put my pre-order in with diabolikdvd early enough to secure the puzzle which was limited to 3000 copies. I'd put up a photo but some people might get offended, it's the exact duplicate of the puzzle in the flick (nude woman splattered in blood). If any of you want to see it, and it's allowed, let me know and I'll post it.
You don't have to go to Texas for a chainsaw massacre.....

Joe

marsattacks666

Quote from: Joeynines on March 02, 2016, 05:37:53 PM
Grindhouse did it again with this new release of "Pieces". The transfer is outstanding, the bonus features I can't comment on as I'm viewing them right now but they are plentiful. It comes with a blu-ray, DVD, and a CD. I was lucky enough to put my pre-order in with diabolikdvd early enough to secure the puzzle which was limited to 3000 copies. I'd put up a photo but some people might get offended, it's the exact duplicate of the puzzle in the flick (nude woman splattered in blood). If any of you want to see it, and it's allowed, let me know and I'll post it.
You don't have to go to Texas for a chainsaw massacre.....

This is efin awesome!!!!

Mord

Coincidentally, I just watched "Pieces" last night. Great film, loads of fun. I didn't even know about the promo puzzle. Awesome!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on March 02, 2016, 06:44:19 PM
Coincidentally, I just watched "Pieces" last night. Great film, loads of fun. I didn't even know about the promo puzzle. Awesome!

I didn't receive a puzzle with my Special Edition. Arg!

Gory Glenn

Joeynines, you're becoming the go to guy for Blu-rays!  ;D Did you ever pick up "Children shouldn't play with Dead Things"? If not you may want to read up on it first. I read that it had some audio synch problems. If so hopefully VCI will correct it.

Joeynines

Quote from: Gory Glenn on March 03, 2016, 12:04:37 AM
Joeynines, you're becoming the go to guy for Blu-rays!  ;D Did you ever pick up "Children shouldn't play with Dead Things"? If not you may want to read up on it first. I read that it had some audio synch problems. If so hopefully VCI will correct it.
I'm trying Mr. Gory Glenn lol. I'm still waiting for "CSPWDT" to show up in my mailbox, can't wait. As far as the audio sync problem, from what I've read some people wrote they didn't notice it, others wrote its a micro second and one wrote it ruined the whole movie for him. I have a feeling it's minor, next to nothing, and if it is, it won't bother me at all. When it does show up it'll be around the 8th to 10th in the watch pile line, that is if nothing shows up before it. I've been a bit mad at buying these days lol.
Joe

geezer butler

Quote from: horrorhunter on February 28, 2016, 06:30:21 AM
Thanks, geez.

Gonna get a few more Blus when Monster Dog gets released next month. Big Cooper fan.  :)

Oh man, that's awesome. Love that movie. I gotta pick that up too. Didn't realize they were putting it out on Blue-ray.

I remember when I was kid and found out about this movie and desperately wanted to rent it. There were only a couple of video rental places in the neighborhood and neither carried it. Really bummed  me out. Then oddly enough the local 7-11 started renting videos. I mean they carried like 2 or 3 dozen choices at most. For some reason they had "Monster Dog." It was so random, but needless to say we rented it. If you're not an Alice fan, you may not dig it, but otherwise great stuff.