Latest DVDs & BDs in My Collection

Started by geezer butler, July 19, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: Memphremagog on September 20, 2015, 01:48:16 PM
My latest buys:

Good choices, my friend, especially these two!

City Of The Dead is one of the best horror films ever made. Man, it just oozes that spooky atmosphere!  cl:)

Coincidently, I just finished watching the Amicus documentary a couple of days ago. So awesome getting to look back at those days of excellent British Horror through the eyes of the folks who lived it. As great as Hammer was, Amicus was just as good. They were practically the same, really. Quality documentary. I got a little misty-eyed watching some of those interviews.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 19, 2015, 08:12:57 PM
Wow! For a buck!

Was just at the local DT and no DVDs.

I know......right?!  ;D
Now I need to find more little jems like I found earlier, and for a dollar.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

neonnoodle

Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

SkullBoy

Finally picked up a dvd copy of Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. Excited to watch it tonight!

Mord

Quote from: SkullBoy on September 22, 2015, 09:26:41 PM
Finally picked up a dvd copy of Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. Excited to watch it tonight!
Great film! It wouldn't feel like Halloween without watching it.

SkullBoy

Quote from: Mord on September 22, 2015, 09:50:13 PM
Great film! It wouldn't feel like Halloween without watching it.

Halloween 3 virgin. Now The Halloween Tree on the other hand...that's a different story!

Mord

Quote from: SkullBoy on September 22, 2015, 10:38:51 PM
Halloween 3 virgin. Now The Halloween Tree on the other hand...that's a different story!
There's nothing like the first time. I envy being able to watch it as a new experience (on Blu-Ray, no less). My initiation was a crappy, "pan & scan" VHS rental from Blockbuster. I feel so violated, now.

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: SkullBoy on September 22, 2015, 10:38:51 PM

It's so good. I think it gets unfair criticism. I hope you enjoy it!
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

horrorhunter

H3 catches grief from some fans because it isn't a Michael Myers flick. As a stand alone horror film I think it's excellent, especially around... wait for it.. Halloweentynhrt  (we need a Silver Shamrock emoticon)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

SkullBoy

Just finished watching it. Viewed it from a stand-alone film stand point and enjoyed it. 6/10. My girlfriend called the whole robot thing from a mile away, but the concept was fun. I think I'll stick with monster movies.

neonnoodle

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band dvd...........to replace my old vhs tape.  Definitely scarier than most horror movies!!
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 23, 2015, 12:32:48 AM
H3 catches grief from some fans because it isn't a Michael Myers flick. As a stand alone horror film I think it's excellent, especially around... wait for it.. Halloweentynhrt  (we need a Silver Shamrock emoticon)

Definitely  agree with you, horrorhunter. Hallowe'en III seems to have a separate fan base on it's own. Hallowe'en III is an excellent film and deserves more praise, than the criticism it has endured over the past
Thirty years. The narrative of the film is dark. To me killing Children isn't cheesy. But many feel Hallowe'en III is a cheesy film or just subpar.

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gory Glenn

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 28, 2015, 09:43:28 PM
Definitely  agree with you, horrorhunter. Hallowe'en III seems to have a separate fan base on it's own. Hallowe'en III is an excellent film and deserves more praise, than the criticism it has endured over the past
Thirty years. The narrative of the film is dark. To me killing Children isn't cheesy. But many feel Hallowe'en III is a cheesy film or just subpar.

I've always loved this flick. It has achieved status as a cult classic. People are starting to accept it as a stand alone movie now and not the "Halloween movie without Michael Myers". If they had called it something like "Happy Halloween" instead of "Halloween III" it wouldn't have gotten such a bad rep in the first place. Tom Atkins was at Son of Monsterpalooza. It was cool seeing him in person. He's been in so many movies that I like.

Nosferatu79

The 2004 Frankenstein Legacy set on DVD.
I get a kick out of how it promotes the film "Van Helsing". I haven't seen "Van Helsing", so I'm not personally judging it...I'm just thinking of how it was received around here, and what all of your reactions might have been if/when you bought this set and saw a promotion for "Van Helsing" on the front of it (this being a classic Universal Monster set, no less)!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Gory Glenn on September 28, 2015, 09:51:30 PM
Tom Atkins was at Son of Monsterpalooza. It was cool seeing him in person. He's been in so many movies that I like.
"Thrill me..."

:laugh:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...