What happened to X-o Facto?

Started by John, April 15, 2010, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Tried looking at their website but it is closed. Anyone know if they
plan on reopening?

FACTO2

What happened was, in Dec. of '08 my 91 year-old mother's health took a turn to the worst.  In Jan. of '09, I moved her from Ill. to CA.  I am now her full time care giver.  I realized that I could not run XO to the standards of customer service that I previously had because of the personal time commitments.  Caring for my mother takes priority so I decided to shut down the website.  I do still fill orders for long time, known and trusted customers.  I just can't fill them as quickly as I used to.

The XO website will be back, I just don't know when.   :(
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

Opera Ghost

Quote from: FACTO2 on April 15, 2010, 10:05:20 PM
What happened was, in Dec. of '08 my 91 year-old mother's health took a turn to the worst.  In Jan. of '09, I moved her from Ill. to CA.  I am now her full time care giver.  I realized that I could not run XO to the standards of customer service that I previously had because of the personal time commitments.  Caring for my mother takes priority so I decided to shut down the website.  I do still fill orders for long time, known and trusted customers.  I just can't fill them as quickly as I used to.

The XO website will be back, I just don't know when.   :(

Hey John--am not familiar with your site/ offerings....would you fill me in?

Sorry to hear about your Mom, and understand fully. Mine is 73, and under care as well, but her needs are greater than we can accomdate so she's in an occupational rehabilitation facility--from which I do not think she'll ever leave.
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

FACTO2

Hi Ghost.  Basically I sold model kits and some toys.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your mom.  I hope she's doing okay.

Marie, my mom, told me right out if I ever tried to put her in a home or a facility she'd take her own life.  Nothing like a little guilt threat to live your life with...  Anyway, so far she's okay.  She loves to read and gets the Harlequin thrillers every month (she doesn't like the Harlequin Romances because they have too much sex - too funny).  She also has her knitting and her favorite tv shows.  She's a big fan of Reba and loved it when I brought Jeff Yagher over to meet her.  Jeff did a guest spot on one of Reba's shows and Marie knew exactly who he was.  It was kinda of cool for Marie to get to meet an actor she'd seen on tv.  Anyway, for 91, she aint doing bad.  Thanks.  John
John Tucky
X-O Facto
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

Opera Ghost

Quote from: FACTO2 on April 15, 2010, 10:37:37 PM
Hi Ghost.  Basically I sold model kits and some toys.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your mom.  I hope she's doing okay.

Marie, my mom, told me right out if I ever tried to put her in a home or a facility she'd take her own life.  Nothing like a little guilt threat to live your life with...  Anyway, so far she's okay.  She loves to read and gets the Harlequin thrillers every month (she doesn't like the Harlequin Romances because they have too much sex - too funny).  She also has her knitting and her favorite tv shows.  She's a big fan of Reba and loved it when I brought Jeff Yagher over to meet her.  Jeff did a guest spot on one of Reba's shows and Marie knew exactly who he was.  It was kinda of cool for Marie to get to meet an actor she'd seen on tv.  Anyway, for 91, she aint doing bad.  Thanks.  John

Cool. Please keep me posted or PM with a list of what you might be selling when convenient.

My Mother took a spill two years ago, partially due to weakened legs which were the result of a quintuple by-pass. She fractured her hip and dislocated a shoulder, and although they've mended, she's made very little effort to rehabilitate  her limbs which will keep her confined there. My sister is 5 minutes away, literally, so she is able to visit often. It is tough for me being on the West coast, with them in Md., but my career in the Film Ind keeps me from moving back.

Rob
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

FACTO2

Man, Rob, I'm sorry.  I know exactly how you feel.  I live in constant fear that something like that's going to happen to Marie.  Hang in there.
John Tucky
X-O Facto

John

Thanks for the update.

Good luck with your Moms.

Look forward to seeing your site back up and running some day.

Opera Ghost

Anton Phibes

Having visited my share of nursing homes (due to my affiliation with our church) I want to commend all of you who are able to be caregivers for your aging parents.  The feelings of hopelessness, loneliness, and outright despair in those places is more horrifying to me than any horror film. It's as if the residents are just "waiting" for life to be over.  Its really terrible.

Mighty Joe Young

John - hope things work out with your mother.
I wanted to ask you about Joe Laudati's "Father of King Kong" figure - are by chance selling these still?
In speaking with Mr. Laudati, his impression is that you are the only distributor for this kit.

Thanks for your time.

Mike Scott

Welcome to the UMA, MJY!

These posts are over 4 years old, so you might want to PM for a response.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website