Author Topic: The Original RAPPER -  (Read 300 times)

TheWolfman

• Corporal
The Original RAPPER -
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »
 Rap was being played way before the 80's, ever listen to BOB DYLAN, Tangled Up In Blue ?
Even a man who is pure in heart,and says his prayers by night,may become a wolf, when the wolfbane blooms, and the moon is full and bright, AAHHOOoooo

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: The Original RAPPER -
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 04:12:14 PM »
Rap was being played way before the 80's, ever listen to BOB DYLAN, Tangled Up In Blue ?
How about "Subterranean Homesick Blues" (1965)?

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:58:18 PM »
Those songs don't have the characteristic rap beat. Not that I can abide rap, but those Bob Dylan tunes don't make it as proto-rap.

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »
Those songs don't have the characteristic rap beat. Not that I can abide rap, but those Bob Dylan tunes don't make it as proto-rap.

Not the beat, but the rapid wordplay. Readi the lyrics to "Like a Rolling Stone" out loud. It cant help but turn into a rap (a highly intelligent version, anyway).

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »
Not the beat, but the rapid wordplay. Readi the lyrics to "Like a Rolling Stone" out loud. It cant help but turn into a rap (a highly intelligent version, anyway).

GREAT song to sing to in the car.  With my daughters prisoner in the backseat. >:D

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:33:30 AM »
GREAT song to sing to in the car.  With my daughters prisoner in the backseat. >:D
Love hearing that. If they heed the message of the song, they won't turn into the dejected subject in the lyrics.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 12:36:36 AM »

Wrong.Google "Dylan's influence on rap"....many articles and write ups on this.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:35:25 AM by Mord »

Sean

• Sergeant
  • The Godfather of Gore
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 10:06:25 PM »
Love hearing that. If they heed the message of the song, they won't turn into the dejected subject in the lyrics.

Right you are.