Author Topic: The Films of Andy Sidaris  (Read 740 times)

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
  • My blood now flows through her veins!
The Films of Andy Sidaris
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:26:37 AM »
Anyone else a fan of this award-winning sports director who filmed (uncredited) the football sequences for Robert Altman's "M*A*S*H," and later started his own series of high-action, erotic adventure films? He started out with "The Racing Scene," a documentary about James Garner's racing team at LeMans, France. He soon moved into the action arena with "Stacey" and "Seven." But, it's the twelve films in his "L.E.T.H.A.L. Ladies" series he's best-known for: "Malibu Express," "Hard Ticket to Hawaii," "Picasso Trigger," "Savage Beach," "Guns," "Do or Die," "Hard Hunted," "Fit to Kill," "Enemy Gold," "The Dallas Connection," "Day of the Warrior," and "Return to Savage Beach." These films were staples on Skinemax throughout the '90s and 2000s. Andy left us in 2007, but his films live on!
http://www.andysidaris.com

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: The Films of Andy Sidaris
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:35:01 AM »
Babes & bullets are always a winning formula.

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 01:27:26 AM »
Babes & bullets are always a winning formula.
I wrote a comprehensive interview with Andy for Femme Fatales magazine in the early '90s, and we remained close friends until his death. He always used to screen his new movies at Planet Hollywood in NYC, then have the after party at the Stage Door Deli, because he liked the food there better. One year, it was so surreal. He had Regis Philbin, Joe Bob Briggs, The Phantom of the Movies, and me, all at the same screening.

neonnoodle

• Sergeant
  • Horror Express
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »
I think Sidaris' "SEVEN" is a sort of a minor classic.  It's a really nicely made, energetic, trashy action film.  At least as good as "Battle Beyond the Stars" if not better.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:33 PM »
I think Sidaris' "SEVEN" is a sort of a minor classic.  It's a really nicely made, energetic, trashy action film.  At least as good as "Battle Beyond the Stars" if not better.
It may also be the source of the scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" where, confronted by a skilled swordsman, Indy just shoots him dead. Almost the exact same scene is in "Seven"!

RedKing

• Sergeant
  • Prehistoric Mastadon of Destruction!
    • Deviant Art account
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 10:35:45 PM »
I saw the pack of his flicks for 5 bucks at K Mart and plan on picking them up. I watched a little of several different ones on youtube to see if I liked them enough to pick them up and I liked what i saw. Hot babes, action, guns, fights-count me in! That is really cool that you were friends with Andy Sidaris Count Z! Did he ever introduce you to any of those lovely hotties from his flicks??? >:D
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »
I saw the pack of his flicks for 5 bucks at K Mart and plan on picking them up. I watched a little of several different ones on youtube to see if I liked them enough to pick them up and I liked what i saw. Hot babes, action, guns, fights-count me in! That is really cool that you were friends with Andy Sidaris Count Z! Did he ever introduce you to any of those lovely hotties from his flicks??? >:D
Let's see...Dona Speir, Julie Strain, and at least two others. Dona and Andy did a one-off spy-themed convention in New Jersey in the mid-'90s, put on by Chiller Theatre. I always wanted to visit one of his film sets, though. Sadly, I never got the chance.

At the time of his death, Andy was working on the script for his thirteenth L.E.T.H.A.L. Ladies film, "Battle Zone: Hawaii." It remains unproduced. If I ever hit the lottery jackpot, that would be my goal, to direct that movie! I'd self-finance it, and hire Andy's wife, Arlene, to produce it.

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 11:43:05 PM »
Julie K. Smith was in Day Of The Warrior (1996) by Sidaris. She also starred in a flick Andy Sidaris made a cameo appearance in, The Bare Wench Project, by one of The Count's old buddies- Jim Wynorski.  :laugh: (just joshin', Count)

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 12:58:12 AM »
She also starred in a flick Andy Sidaris made a cameo appearance in, The Bare Wench Project, by one of The Count's old buddies- Jim Wynorski.  :laugh: (just joshin', Count)
We actually have a LOT of mutual friends! Andy, Fred Olen Ray, Ted A. Bohus, to name just three. That's what makes our "feud" all the more amusing to me.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:42:45 AM by Count_Zirock »