Author Topic: Flatt World Dracula..Not that bad..Raymond Castile and others, please weigh in  (Read 1968 times)

Mord

• Sergeant
The 8"  SideShow versions were excellent statues but horrible "action" figures. Zero action. The SideShow sculpts were amazing, second to none. But they were marketed as "action figures" and to me, they failed in the action department. I love and own several of the 12" sideshow monsters. Excellent sculpts, excellent costuming and excellent poseability. They are true action figures of the highest quality. I love to mess around with my toys and always change the position they are in on my shelf.
   Yeah, I get what you're saying. The only monster figures I had as a kid were the 6" Marx figures and I really loved them (and played with them). As far as poseability, Sideshow 8"ers were actually an improvement over my childhood figures (Marx, MPC, Aurora). Maybe if I were a kid in the seventies, I would have a greater appreciation of Mego figures.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:27:20 PM by Mord »

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
It's true the Sideshow 8" figures had little articulation, and to a collector who places a high priority on plenty of articulation I can see where they may have fallen a little short. I don't demand a lot of articulation because I just like to display my figures. I think we all agree that Sideshow figures are excellent in sculpt and appearance. I pretty much stopped buying mainstream monster action figures with Sideshow because I haven't seen anything as good since. The only DST pack I bought was the Creature just because of the Julie Adams figure. As far as non-mainstream I'm all over most of the Distinctive Dummies product. Pricey but worth it.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

• Sergeant
 Tru dat, HH. The DD figures are the best of both worlds, the aesthetic beauty of Sideshow and the poseability of Mego/AHI. The fact that they are doing Hammer is another BIG plus. I can't believe that after 50 years, Hammer finally gets a line of figures. I would have killed for those as a kid. Now, as an adult, I can truly appreciate their quality (big thanks to our pal Martin).

ucs1923

• New Recruit
Though compared with Sideshow and Neca, the Flatt figure falls short. Ucs1923 mentioned that it was better than the figures that had come before it (1999). That statement is absolutely true. Before it we had dreadful crap like the Lincoln and Mego Draculas and generic stuff like the Remcos. The only halfway decent Dracula was AHI's and that one was not as Lugosi-like as Flatt's.

Did Neca make a Lugosi Dracula figure or just a bobble-head?  I saw the bobble-head and the likeness is amazing.

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
Just the bobblehead.