Got Godzilla? New release next month

Started by the_horror_man, December 27, 2013, 02:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kang Kong

It's not articulated (tail is detachable, not sure if arm pivots), but DST is making a 12" tall full-figure bank of the 1989 Godzilla that should be out this summer. Nose to tip of tail, it's something like 18 inches long. Haven't seen it in person yet, but I hope we'll have it at Toy Fair. The photos look pretty good so far.

the_horror_man

Quote from: King Kang Kong on January 01, 2014, 04:15:18 AM
It's not articulated (tail is detachable, not sure if arm pivots), but DST is making a 12" tall full-figure bank of the 1989 Godzilla that should be out this summer. Nose to tip of tail, it's something like 18 inches long. Haven't seen it in person yet, but I hope we'll have it at Toy Fair. The photos look pretty good so far.

Well, they finally did it. The makers of Godzilla figures realize how expensive their figures are and are now offering banks so you can save money to purchase them. The Godzilla fund.  ;D It is nicely detailed.

thm

Gareee

The other vinyl banks they have been releasing have been great. They just did a larger format Stay Puft a month or so ago.

I wonder how much this will run?

King Kang Kong

It'll be $35. We'll also have a bust version (about 9" tall) for $23. More affordable than a lot of Godzilla product, if not as poseable.

We've never made any Godzilla product before, so I'm pretty excited about it.

RedKing

That looks amazing King Kane Kong!! Will DST be making any other Godzilla figures?
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Gareee

Quote from: RedKing on January 04, 2014, 05:57:39 AM
That looks amazing King Kane Kong!! Will DST be making any other Godzilla figures?

Sold! Make a 24" one for $80, and I'm SO in!

Mitchellmania

You should see the prices of the 12" Godzilla figures by XPlus! They are beautiful, but $300.00?!! I stick to buying Bandai USA 6" Figutes at TRU for $15.00 each!

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mitchellmania on January 09, 2014, 06:18:39 PM
You should see the prices of the 12" Godzilla figures by XPlus! They are beautiful, but $300.00?!! I stick to buying Bandai USA 6" Figutes at TRU for $15.00 each!

They are getting more than $300 for certain ones now. The average price for the reissue 1962 godzilla is around $350-$400. Also, some of the more detailed ones that I don't believe are X-Plus are now getting $700-$1000. Seems to me that companies charging prices like that are just bringing about their own demise with the american consumer.

thm

King Kang Kong

Quote from: RedKing on January 04, 2014, 05:57:39 AM

I don't know that we'll be tackling other eras of Godzilla himself, but I know we want to make other monsters for him to fight!

And if the 12" one sells well, maybe we'll bump him up like we did Mr. Stay-Puft. Not sure what our license allows.

RedKing

That would be fantastic King Kane Kong! I am planning on picking up 2 of the 12 inch banks already-one to keep as is and the second to repaint like a kit!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Gzilla2000

Quote from: jimm on December 30, 2013, 04:12:50 AM
I'd like to see a 30" figure like the big Vader at TRU O0

Jakks Pacific makes those 30" figures and has the license to make large scale Godzilla figures for the new movie according to this press release.  It's going to be mind blowing to walk into a store and buy a 2 foot tall Godzilla for around $50. 

http://news.toyark.com/2013/06/18/press-release-bandai-neca-jakks-and-more-sign-on-for-godzilla-90335

jimm

Costco had the big Vader for 18 bucks!!

Mord

Jakks Pacific is capable of making a giant Creature in that series. I remember the beautiful Creature they never released back in 2005. Who here could pass up a well-sculpted, giant-sized Creature?

Gareee

Omg, I'm SO going to get the big Jakks, and put led lights in his mouth and fins! We have the big Neca Balrog as well... Maybe they'll just need to be end table lamps.

Wolfman

I already pre-ordered the 1964 version from EE. A bit pricey, but looks awesome.

JP