New Wonder Woman cast!

Started by Hepcat, December 05, 2013, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Gal Gadot, an Israeli actress, has landed the part of Wonder Woman for the upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie:

At 5'9", she'll have the height in Wonder Woman's heels to stand up to the fellows cast as Batman and Superman and will look every inch the Amazon!

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

Count_Zirock

Give her a cheeseburger! Or the kosher equivalent! She needs to build some muscles up, too. She's got a good face for Wonder Woman, though. Slightly exotic features, instead of standard, Hollywood cookie-cutter looks.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Flower

I think that she's perfect as she is ..  ;D

Good choice .. I hope that she can act.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Hepcat

Quote from: Count_Zirock on December 05, 2013, 09:24:17 PMGive her a cheeseburger!

No, no, no! No cheeseburgers. They'll have her pumping iron to get that modern cut super heroine look.

;)

Hepcat

Quote from: Flower on December 05, 2013, 09:39:20 PM
I think that she's perfect as she is ..  ;D

Good choice .. I hope that she can act.

She played in the Fast & Furious movies. All she has to do now is work on her Greek accent.

;)

demons by daylight

Flower

Quote from: Hepcat on December 05, 2013, 09:47:09 PM
She played in the Fast & Furious movies. All she has to do now is work on her Greek accent.

;)

Her Israeli accent should be a good step towards a Greek accent.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

zombiehorror

It's to bad that they are just throwing Wonder Woman into the fray with Batman and Superman.  The character deserves its own movie first......but I suppose if response is good then that will happen sooner than later and if response to Gal is good her name may end up being synonymous (for some at least) with Linda Carter's when Wonder Woman is thought of in the future.

Unfortunately that also means that if Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman) sucks, any future of Wonder Woman will end up on the back burner.....of course this is all trying to lead into a Justice League movie but personally I think they are pushing/trying a little to hard to reach for the Avengers success and mashing the overall DC universe together!  Especially given the end of Nolan's "Bat" franchise which will be completely ignored in regards to the Batman/Bruce Wayne character....

Flower

I agree Zombiehorror .. Wonder Woman should have her own movie first .. it makes all the sense in the world.

Wich2

>the end of Nolan's "Bat" franchise which will be completely ignored in regards to the Batman/Bruce Wayne character....<

Great Rao, I hope so!

zombiehorror

Quote from: Wich2 on December 06, 2013, 02:37:00 PM
>the end of Nolan's "Bat" franchise which will be completely ignored in regards to the Batman/Bruce Wayne character....<

Great Rao, I hope so!

Obviously not a fan of the Nolan franchise....or just the ending!?  Well don't get your hopes up that Bats will be portrayed any different, the trilogy was a huge box office success and I bet pressure will be on to keep the same aesthetics .  They'll probably even have Affleck mimic Bale's gruff Dark Knight voice!

Also not sure if he's going to be involved  in this one in anyway but Christopher Nolan did have a hand in the story for Man of Steel!

From here on RUMORS/SPOILERS-Batman/Superman so don't read if you don't want to know!

This whole thing feels like a rushed mess, throwing a new version of Batman into the newuniverse of Superman, throwing in Wonder Woman and Nightwing to boot!?  For those that don't know, Nightwing is an identity that Robin (Dick Grayson) takes on after he parts ways with Bruce Wayne.  The identity is actually borrowed from Jimmy Olsen, who along with Superman fought together on an alien world!  Now Dick Grayson wasn't even involved in the Nolan franchise and the last time a movie going audience saw him was in the fiasco that was Batman and Robin (1997).  Then again just because Nightwing is a rumored character doesn't mean that he is Dick Grayson....maybe he'll be the first incarnation, Jimmy Olsen!?  Very doubtful and he is yet another character that wasn't a part of Man of Steel!  So I just thought of this as well...in Man of Steel there is a character that works at the Daily Planet reffered to only as Jenny, could this be Jenny Olsen!?  Yep, I looked it up and Jimmy is now Jenny..no confirmation on whether she was born that way or had sex reassignment surgery!  ;D

Also rumor has it that Batman will be pretty much retired and uses drones (that he controls from the Batcave) to fight crime!  With that as part of the plot I'm not sure why they didn't get a much older actor for the part!

Count_Zirock

This is how I'd love to see WW portrayed on film.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Mord

I don't know if this will come off a bit sexist, but aside from the nice breasts, she has a real super-heroine crotch.

horrorhunter

She's cute, but she won't fill out that costume the way Lynda did.  :P

ALWAYS MONSTERING...