Author Topic: "Catching Fire"  (Read 286 times)

The Batman

• Sergeant
"Catching Fire"
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:39:43 AM »
My wife and I loved watching "Catching Fire".
It was intense enough to almost HOPE for a commercial break from the tense scenes.
More intense than the first movie, although of course all 3 books are special in their own ways.
There were 2 actors who I did not recognize until my wife told me about them after the movie.
It's really outstanding, despite 2 large plot holes that I could rant on and on about, but that's how most movies are. There is almost always something to complain about. You know: when they did this why didn't they simply do this instead! Go enjoy the movie. And when you see how the movie ends you will know why all fans had to buy the 3rd book.

DrBo

• New Recruit
Re: "Catching Fire"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »
Had a good time at the movies as well.

I moderately liked the first one, it was mostly my GF who liked it. I sensed a fun and rich distopian sci-fi setting behind the first  Hunger games and the movie focused more on the game of survival and the teenager ordeal.
In the second ones the politics and corrupted sci-fi country come upfront and hence I really liked it. I think some older fans may throw it as young adult novellette fodder, it is in part, but at the heart they're good social satire and fine dystopian sci-fi in there.