Disney Releases “Maleficent” Teaser

Started by Gillfan, November 14, 2013, 03:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haunted hearse

Quote from: zombiehorror on December 22, 2013, 01:49:43 AM
My guess is that she will be defeated in dragon form, returning to her human self but still alive and kicking....and still able to pull off that kumbaya ending!
Because that black ooze, which is how she ended up when the sword went directly into her heart, certainly looked like a minor injury to me.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

zombiehorror

Quote from: Haunted hearse on December 23, 2013, 03:24:36 PM
Because that black ooze, which is how she ended up when the sword went directly into her heart, certainly looked like a minor injury to me.

If she can transform into a dragon I don't see why it'd be hard to believe that she could turn back into a human from a black ooze......it is fantasy after all!

aura of foreboding

We actually don't have to worry about Maleficent transforming into anything, if the rumors of the screenplay are true.  So no need to worry.  That technicality has already been taken care of.   ;D

Haunted hearse

Quote from: zombiehorror on December 23, 2013, 09:59:52 PM
If she can transform into a dragon I don't see why it'd be hard to believe that she could turn back into a human from a black ooze......it is fantasy after all!
In badly written sequel fiction, that would be true.  Considering the fight she put on to prevent Philip from reaching Princess Aurora, if she wasn't dead, then it is nonsensicle that she wouldn't have regenerated, and continued going after Philip.  After the sword failed to actually kill her, recapturing Prince Philip (or squashing him like a bug) would have been a easy matter. 

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Haunted hearse on December 25, 2013, 03:48:04 AM
In badly written sequel fiction, that would be true.  Considering the fight she put on to prevent Philip from reaching Princess Aurora, if she wasn't dead, then it is nonsensicle that she wouldn't have regenerated, and continued going after Philip.  After the sword failed to actually kill her, recapturing Prince Philip (or squashing him like a bug) would have been a easy matter.
Absolutely! I'm hoping it's just a rumor. This looks like a one-time gig. Jolie isn't very big on sequels. She only did two "Tomb Raider" flicks, after all. If they try to turn this into a franchise, where the heck does the character go from here? Like most Disney villains, she's only associated with the one story! What's next? She teams up with Captain Hook to bedevil Peter Pan? She bides her time until present day, and sucks the magic from Herbie, the Love Bug? She's redeemed and turns into the other Good Witch of Oz? No, no, no! B*tch has gotta die!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

zombiehorror

Quote from: Count_Zirock on December 25, 2013, 04:15:32 AM
Absolutely! I'm hoping it's just a rumor. This looks like a one-time gig. Jolie isn't very big on sequels. She only did two "Tomb Raider" flicks, after all. If they try to turn this into a franchise, where the heck does the character go from here? Like most Disney villains, she's only associated with the one story! What's next? She teams up with Captain Hook to bedevil Peter Pan? She bides her time until present day, and sucks the magic from Herbie, the Love Bug? She's redeemed and turns into the other Good Witch of Oz? No, no, no! B*tch has gotta die!

Her surviving the dragon death isn't for sequel purposes but for happy ending purposes, as has been mentioned this film seems to be portraying her villiany as a big misunderstanding; that way everything can come out hunkydory in the end!  I've no idea but as Philip defeats her in dragon form the whole "misunderstanding" (the original king was a conquerer, Malificent a defender) will come out, leaving her and the others with no cause for further conflict!

Haunted hearse

Quote from: zombiehorror on December 25, 2013, 04:29:47 AM
Her surviving the dragon death isn't for sequel purposes but for happy ending purposes, as has been mentioned this film seems to be portraying her villiany as a big misunderstanding; that way everything can come out hunkydory in the end!  I've no idea but as Philip defeats her in dragon form the whole "misunderstanding" (the original king was a conquerer, Malificent a defender) will come out, leaving her and the others with no cause for further conflict!
This will no doubt allow her to at last find love, and having a daughter.  The daughter will no doubt be part of that academy for the offspring of Disney Villains, which Disney is planning to come out with to get in on the sucess of "Monster High". 

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Haunted hearse on December 25, 2013, 04:40:13 PM
This will no doubt allow her to at last find love, and having a daughter.  The daughter will no doubt be part of that academy for the offspring of Disney Villains, which Disney is planning to come out with to get in on the success of "Monster High".
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Count_Zirock on December 26, 2013, 05:33:07 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

But it's true!  At least, part of it...

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/dove-cameron-to-star-in-disney-channels-descendants-1200959798/

As for the dolls...  These ones seem to be based on Disney's interpretations of the princesses...

http://www.target.com/c/fashion-dolls-toys/fairy-tale-high/-/N-5xt8uZ55bzw

Though these other ones that have the daughter of the Evil Queen are better and more popular:

http://www.everafterhigh.com/en-us

Still I don't think there will be a connection between this film and the Disney Channel project. 

Haunted hearse

Offspring will include the kids of Jaffar, Cruella DeVille ectera.  I knew that Jaffar and Iago were close, but I would have never thought that they had a kid together.  Oh well, we are talking a magical land where anything can happen.  By the way, since Cruella DeVille is from the 20th Century, and most of these villians are from hundereds of years earlier, time travel will no doubt be involved.  I haven't been this excited about a Disney project, Since I saw the picture of Johnny Depp with a dead bird on his head as the character "Tonto".

zombiehorror

I highly doubt they are to worried about tying this film into the "fairytale children" line (or whatever they are calling it)!  I don't think it bugs girls that love Monster High that none of the monsters ever had children in their movies/novels and never could since they all ended up dead!  Kids really aren't going to put that much thought behind it......and I doubt Disney will either!

Haunted hearse

I"m convinced that the harpy Jaffarette, whose parents would be Iago and Jaffar, should be voiced by Alex Borstien (Lois-Family guy), Frans Drescher, or Roseannne Barr.

Hepcat

Quote from: Count_Zirock on December 25, 2013, 04:15:32 AMNo, no, no! B*tch has gotta die!

Precisely my thoughts, but the studios keep casting Jolie in roles again and again and again.

>:(

Collecting! It's what I do!

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Hepcat on December 28, 2013, 01:23:23 AM
Precisely my thoughts, but the studios keep casting Jolie in roles again and again and again.

>:(
I was actually referring to the character of Maleficent...

Hepcat

But how long will I have to wait until I can stand in the supermarket checkout line again?

:o
Collecting! It's what I do!