Author Topic: Disney Releases “Maleficent” Teaser  (Read 1853 times)

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
Re: Disney Releases “Maleficent” Teaser
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »
Precisely my thoughts, but the studios keep casting Jolie in roles again and again and again.

>:(
  I can't believe the waste of talent here.  Instead of wasting Jolie's talents here, they should do a remake of "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf", casting her in Taylor's part, with Keannu Reeves playing the part played by Richard Burton. This would allow for this story to be enjoyed by an entirely new generation!
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 03:16:22 PM »
Isn't the word "enjoy" an oxymoron when used in a sentence with the names of those two movie stars?

??? 
Collecting! It's what I do!

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 04:20:40 PM »
If something is really bad, there can be a perverse enjoyment in viewing it.  One of my favorite Keannu Reeves films to enjoy in how really bad it is, is the version of "Babes in Toyland he did, with Drew Barrymore.  Hey, maybe Nicholas Cage and Myley Cyrus can play the other couple in the Virginia Wolf remake.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Gillfan

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »
Say what you will re Bill & Ted, but I feel KR was magnificent in The Matrix!

Also, I have a soft spot for Point Break.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 01:47:10 PM »
  I can't believe the waste of talent here.  Instead of wasting Jolie's talents here, they should do a remake of "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf", casting her in Taylor's part, with Keannu Reeves playing the part played by Richard Burton. This would allow for this story to be enjoyed by an entirely new generation!
I like the concept, but I think Lindsay Lohan would be a better fit for Mr. Reeves talent.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »
Say what you will re Bill & Ted, but I feel KR was magnificent in The Matrix!

Also, I have a soft spot for Point Break.
Ok, I'll give you Point Break, but I found Bill & Ted a lot more enjoyable than that pretentious Matrix trilogy.

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 06:11:32 PM »
An acquaintance of mine shared this article with me.  I never knew of the Vampira-Maleficent connection.

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/15/the_real_maleficent_the_surprising_human_face_behind_the_sleeping_beauty_villain/

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
Very interesting!  Maila also has said that she did voice work for the Haunted Mansion as Madame Leota; apparently no recordings exist of her performance although she had claimed that some of the HM outtakes (heard on various bootlegs and HM Anniversary releases) were her voice!  Usually these outtakes are always attributed to, interestingly enough Elainor Audly (the actual voice of Madame Leota and the more known human form of Maleficent)........and the two actresses actually do sound alot alike!

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 11:33:04 PM »
Very cool!  I didn't know that either!