Monster candy??

Started by Dr.Terror, December 12, 2007, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poseablemonster

Here are some early 60's monster themed candy cig packages that I have:

fmofmpls

Shawn (not Shannon .. sorry about that BTW). Thanks for the monster candy tutorial. Never even knew of the cigarette version until now. No big surprise that the word 'cigarette' was eventually removed from the package. Monsters were already considered a bad enough influence by some dimwitted parents, now you mix it with cigarettes and the whole thing becomes toxic.

I have an unopened bag of these monster candies from the early 80s which happens to have some neat-looking graphics on the bag. I'll snap a pic later tonight.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

fmofmpls

Gosh Andy. Do you smoke? LOL! I can't imagine having this candy as a kid and not thinking that smoking real cigarettes would be cool someday. I'm thinking Philip Morris had to have something to do with this? The Joe Camel of the 60s  - monster candy cigarettes. Ya got a light?

fmofmpls

Here we go guys. Circa late 80s. Woolworth's sticker of $3.99 for 100 pieces.

poseablemonster

Quote from: fmofmpls on December 15, 2007, 01:25:11 AM
Gosh Andy. Do you smoke? LOL! I can't imagine having this candy as a kid and not thinking that smoking real cigarettes would be cool someday. I'm thinking Philip Morris had to have something to do with this? The Joe Camel of the 60s  - monster candy cigarettes. Ya got a light?
LOL! I did think that smoking was really cool as a kid - and I used to sneak smokes all the time.  I quit a long time ago, though.  Just monster candy cigs for me, now.

The Phantom Creep

Terry that's a really cool bag. There are no Mummies in it correct? I have a later version bag I'll have to post here.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

darkmonkeygod

Terry, That brings back great memories.   I had that bag at one point, and kept it for years.  Seems I got my first Monster Candies in those red cellophane wrapped department store easter baskets, that got this bag with the Creature on it (and no Mummy in it) later.  I want one again!

sts
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

poseablemonster

I have a couple bags of these, not sure when they came out but I'm guessing late 80's?

fmofmpls

Quote from: ZOMBOPHOTO on December 15, 2007, 04:46:04 PM
Terry that's a really cool bag. There are no Mummies in it correct? I have a later version bag I'll have to post here.

Hi Shawn. No mummies I'm afraid. I wish. I don't think I even own a copy of that darn Mummy?

Just checked .. nope, I don't own a Mummy. Time to head over to the Classifieds board.

fmofmpls

Andy, that is an equally cool bag o' monster candies! I remember that one. Cool!

Tom Smith Monsternut

Anyone else have this cool candy box from a few years ago ?

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

fmofmpls

Sure do! I still have mine MIB. Complete with moldy Snickers bars!

Tom Smith Monsternut

We ate all of those the first day we opened it. I have 3 kids .. just try to keep candy away from them ! It's impossible. ;D
Best..
tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Tom Smith Monsternut

Terry.. Are you cool with this whole Monster XMas grab bag deal I started ? LMK
Best..
tom
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

fmofmpls

Quote from: Tom Smith Monsternut on December 15, 2007, 10:25:13 PM
Terry.. Are you cool with this whole Monster XMas grab bag deal I started ? LMK

Sure am Tom. I think it's a cool idea. I'll head over to that thread and chime in.