Author Topic: The Phantom of Notre Dame?  (Read 1708 times)

The Drunken Severed Head

• 2013 Donator
  • Friend...GOOOD!
    • The Drunken Severed Head
The Phantom of Notre Dame?
« on: December 12, 2007, 06:22:24 AM »
At the link below, you'll find a full DAREDEVIL comic story from 1942 (with Charles Biro cover art) titled THE PHANTOM OF NOTRE DAME, which combines characters and elements of both the Phantom and Quasimodo stories. Garish and fun, though VERY cheaply printed!

Edited to add: There SHOULD be a link above. However, the link function have suddenly stopped working for me, and the URL I was linking to disappears if I use the link function. So here's the complete URL without using the hyperlink icon, but it will function as a link:

http://pappysgoldenage.blogspot.com/2007/12/number-229-phantom-of-notre-dame-reader.html
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:32:09 AM by The Drunken Severed Head »

typhooforme

• Sergeant Major
  • "The Monster was the best friend I ever had."
Re: The Phantom of Notre Dame?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:34:02 AM »
LOL  I went over there and found a red x, too--but the page links were ok, and I'm glad I looked.  Great fun, Max.  Can't help but wonder if Charles Biro is a pseudonym--since "biro" is the European term for a ballpoint pen.  Looks as though it could be a--ahem--pen name.
Robert in Ohio

"I donít care what they do, so long as they donít do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell