What is your favorite Punk Rock, Heavy Metal, NewWave or Dark(Goth)Wave song(s)?

Started by marsattacks666, September 21, 2013, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

The B-52's exploded onto the punk/new wave scene after playing CBGB's in the late seventies:

Rock Lobster

They had both the retro punk look and a sound unlike any other.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Now this track embodies the very essence of punk:

Land of 1000 Dances - WWF Wrestlers

;)

Collecting! It's what I do!

Dr.Cyclops

"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

marsattacks666

Wicked Lester

Dr.Cyclops

"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

Dr. Madd

Favorite metal band- Twisted Sister
Favorite Metal singer- Alice Cooper
Favorite Punk Band- Rednex
Dark/goth- Dr. Steel
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

geezer butler

I comment on metal pretty much every day on UMA, lol, so I'll stick with Punk and Dark Wave for this thread.

Misfits one of my fav bands period. But on UMA that's too obvious of a pick. So other than Misfits I would say Bad Brains my fav punk/hardcore band of all time. They're epic. Four Rastafarian Black dudes totally rockin' out, it's awesome. Very politically charged punk if you're unfamiliar. Speaking of old school Wash DC punk/hardcore, I would put Minor Threat up there as one of my favs too.

In terms of Dark Wave, I think of old school acts like Bauhaus and Siouxsie and Banshees. But there are some new school artists I really like. If you dig this kind of music, I highly recommend Cold Cave and Drab Majesty.

https://youtu.be/lLfPaC5cNds

https://youtu.be/fc_OJp-BHkY

Big fan of both artists. Real 80s vibe.

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on June 29, 2018, 05:32:44 PM
I comment on metal pretty much every day on UMA, lol, so I'll stick with Punk and Dark Wave for this thread.

Misfits one of my fav bands period. But on UMA that's too obvious of a pick. So other than Misfits I would say Bad Brains my fav punk/hardcore band of all time. They're epic. Four Rastafarian Black dudes totally rockin' out, it's awesome. Very politically charged punk if you're unfamiliar. Speaking of old school Wash DC punk/hardcore, I would put Minor Threat up there as one of my favs too.

In terms of Dark Wave, I think of old school acts like Bauhaus and Siouxsie and Banshees. But there are some new school artists I really like. If you dig this kind of music, I highly recommend Cold Cave and Drab Majesty.

https://youtu.be/lLfPaC5cNds

https://youtu.be/fc_OJp-BHkY

Big fan of both artists. Real 80s vibe.

Wow!! I remember this thread

Mord

I saw this, but never posted. It's hard to narrow down a favorite. I would say "post-punk" (whatever that means). I'm currently listening to a lot of noise bands that followed the demise of punk (Joy Division, Killing Joke, Birthday Party/Nick Cave, Gang of Four, Bauhaus, the Pop Group, Ministry, Swans, You've Got Foetus on your Breath, etc).

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 15, 2018, 09:52:14 PM
I saw this, but never posted. It's hard to narrow down a favorite. I would say "post-punk" (whatever that means). I'm currently listening to a lot of noise bands that followed the demise of punk (Joy Division, Killing Joke, Birthday Party/Nick Cave, Gang of Four, Bauhaus, the Pop Group, Ministry, Swans, You've Got Foetus on your Breath, etc).

That is a nice list of bands you wrote/mentioned, Mord.

May I add-
Psychedelic Furs, The Plimsouls, The Alarm, T.S.O.L., The Clash(not post punk),The Gun Club, The Cars and 45 Grave

Wicked Lester