Author Topic: What are your monster toys and collectibles really worth?  (Read 5567 times)

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Re: What are your monster toys and collectibles really worth?
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2020, 11:41:16 PM »
Anyway, I tried to explain this to the seller, but they told me they knew how much the comic was worth and that I was wrong.  Three years later the comic was still there, lol.

Did you casually inquire three years later whether he'd observed any fluctuations in the market for the Image comic?

;D
Collecting! It's what I do!

skully

• Corporal
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2020, 12:48:29 AM »
A great example of actual value vs perceived value is the current listing of an original sealed Aurora Creature kit currently on e-bay for 10,000 dollars.  In the description the seller admits it's a "little" high priced, but you can e-mail him to discuss.  I honestly don't know if the seller actually intends to sell this for that money or is willing to negotiate price,  however at that price he will still own it for a long time.

BigShadow

• Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2020, 02:25:25 AM »
Did you casually inquire three years later whether he'd observed any fluctuations in the market for the Image comic?

;D

I did not.  Just shook my head as I walked by.  My pet peeve is when something is in VG condition and the seller says it's Mint.   :o
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/767593183431720/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2020, 09:43:14 AM »
About fifteen years ago I saw a picture of a set of Golden Book Encyclopedias on Ebay with very obvious wear. Yet the description listed them as being in "Mint" condition. When I inquired, the seller replied that they were in mint condition because there were no pages missing! Talk about setting a low bar for oneself.

::)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 12:02:22 AM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!