Author Topic: SUGGESTION BOX - Have A Suggestion? Post It Here!  (Read 34753 times)

Dr.Teufel Geist

• Sergeant
Re: SUGGESTION BOX - Have A Suggestion? Post It Here!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 02:42:52 AM »
Humm? Workin' for me!

I dunno...it doesnt work for me at all  ;D

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »
Well, there ain't no way to get it wrong, so it must be something at your end.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

mike c

• Sergeant
  • A very fine day.
    • The Skull & Pumpkin, est. 1968
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 12:48:45 PM »
I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but when you click that 'forever' setting, your computer accepts a cookie (or some similar digital agreement that results in a tiny file saying 'remember that he clicked this!' being placed on your computer)... perhaps you have a setting on an antivirus or firewall software somewhere which is not allowing you to accept cookies?

Or, if you happen to have any programs that clean out your temp files or cookies or internet cache, etc., running in the background, your click on 'forever' will only be good until that program cleans out the cookie that you received when you clicked it. I have made sure to set all of my monitoring/cleaning applications to manual, and gone into their options to exclude/exempt cookies from UMA and some other frequently visited sites when the program runs its clean-up.

If you have anything like Norton, or McAfee, etc., go into their inner workings and see what they're doing with your temp internet files, your cookies, and what is set to automatic vs manual. If there is the option to exempt certain cookies but block all others, make sure to put the UMA (and whatever else you'd like) on that list.

Just one option fer ya.

Dr.Teufel Geist

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »
Thanks for the info Mike C   8)

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 04:40:03 PM »
I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but when you click that 'forever' setting, your computer accepts a cookie (or some similar digital agreement that results in a tiny file saying 'remember that he clicked this!' being placed on your computer)... perhaps you have a setting on an antivirus or firewall software somewhere which is not allowing you to accept cookies?

Or, if you happen to have any programs that clean out your temp files or cookies or internet cache, etc., running in the background, your click on 'forever' will only be good until that program cleans out the cookie that you received when you clicked it. I have made sure to set all of my monitoring/cleaning applications to manual, and gone into their options to exclude/exempt cookies from UMA and some other frequently visited sites when the program runs its clean-up.

If you have anything like Norton, or McAfee, etc., go into their inner workings and see what they're doing with your temp internet files, your cookies, and what is set to automatic vs manual. If there is the option to exempt certain cookies but block all others, make sure to put the UMA (and whatever else you'd like) on that list.

Just one option fer ya.

I stopped reading at the word "cookie".

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

evelynz8735

• New Recruit
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »
[admin]Have a suggestion?  This is the place to tell us![/admin]

I really hope I am not over stepping my bounds as a new blood but I have a few suggestions for the forum I thought I would offer up. 

I am not sure if it can be done, I really like the lightning effect on the background spider webs and thought if we had some cool sound effects to go with it that would enhance the awesomeness of the site.  I particulary like the haunting sounds on the Menu page of the Legacy Collection.  Just some cool sound effects to hear in the background while surfing the forum would be awesome. 

I also thought it might be a good idea to create a gallery of members with their favorite cool photo next to their screen name.  Perhaps a costumed photo or some other cool shot.  With so many members maybe it would have to be done for those who reach a certain number of posts.  It would be great to be able to put faces with names and have a member gallery of photos to surf through. 

Those are the only two ideas I can think of at the moment.  So far I have really enjoyed the site.  Keep up the good work. 

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »
Its working here.. though with the new update I can't find themes anywhere, to go back to a mainly white screen with dark text.

(Though I found out for cell phones, having a dark background is actually better since it requires less battery useage to display.)

Opera Ghost

• Sergeant
  • "To my Christine, I am forever Wed"
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 01:18:12 PM »

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Welcome Evelynz...please visit the Who are we, and Induction center.

Glad to have you join us here. There's a great bunch here and all of the threads (some more than others) is filled with wonderous information posted by wonderful people.

OG

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »
Its working here.. though with the new update I can't find themes anywhere, to go back to a mainly white screen with dark text.

Hi Gareee. The old themes prior to the recent update no longer work with this version of software. There is however a "white theme"  named "smf default core". You should be able to switch to this theme by clicking on your profile and then clicking on look and layout preferences. More themes will be made available in the coming weeks.   
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Dr.Teufel Geist

• Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 01:02:06 PM »
we need a chat room....that way, we can talk to each other quickly, instead of waiting on replies.  :)

emilysoft11

• New Recruit
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 03:25:53 AM »
Isn't appropriate however although it must is a curving corridor photo album.We will also go forward and mail one of the board of directors of their fancy their own photograph to make at the member it to become a sticky sticky line.When it does in any other posts, the incarnation of their descriptions and absolute being will also mean.

packy120353

• Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 06:50:05 AM »
Say what?

Unknown Primate

• Sergeant
  • Legend of Wildcat Creek
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 01:33:27 PM »
My thoughts exactly, Paul!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 07:59:58 PM »
What isn't clear about that t you two?? Sheer poetry!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

depressedlarrytalbot

• Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 06:16:43 AM »
Isn't appropriate however although it must is a curving corridor photo album.We will also go forward and mail one of the board of directors of their fancy their own photograph to make at the member it to become a sticky sticky line.When it does in any other posts, the incarnation of their descriptions and absolute being will also mean.

I smell me some spambot.