Which Neca Head Knockers do you like the best?

Started by Ghost, August 16, 2013, 01:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

1. Misfits Fiend/Crimson Ghost

2. Captain Spaulding

3. Predator

4. Freddy Krueger Nightmare on Elm Street

5. Terminator

6. Alien

7. Jason Voorhees Friday the 13th

8. Beetlejuice

9. Saw

10. Pinhead Hellraiser

11. Stripe Gremlins

12. King Kong

13. Ghost Face Scream

14. Regan Exorcist

15. Chucky Child's Play

16. Evil Ash Army of Darkness

17. Leatherface Texas Chainsaw Massacre

18. Alien Queen Aliens

19. Facehugger Alien

20. Michael Myers Halloween

21. Halloween Witch

22. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Ghostbusters

23. Slimer Ghostbusters

24. Jack Skellington A. The Nightmare Before Christmas

25. Jack Skellington B. The Nightmare Before Christmas

26. Sally The Nightmare Before Christmas

27. Frankenstein's Monster from Bride of Frankenstein

28. Frankenstein's Monster from Bride of Frankenstein black and white

29. Dracula

30. Wolf Man

31. Wolf Man black and white

32. Phantom of the Opera

33. Kharis Mummy's Tomb

34. Kharis Mummy's Tomb black and white

35. Monster's Bride from Bride of Frankenstein

36. Creature From The Black Lagoon

McDougals House of Horror

Thanks for taking the time to put this together Ghost -- it's nice to see all of these great sculpts in one place. My votes went to Predator, Kharis, Facehugger, Dracula, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

Ghost

There were a ton of others but I think I got most of the monsters/horror genre ones available. I swiped the idea from our resident poll king Hepcat.

I voted for 1. Frankenstein's Monster, 2. Dracula, 3. Wolf Man, 4. Kharis, and 5. Phantom but was on the fence with alternates being either the Bride or Creature for the 5th spot.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Ghost on August 16, 2013, 01:28:58 AM
I swiped the idea from our resident poll king Hepcat.

That's Poll Cat for short. ;) ;D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

I voted for:

King Kong
Halloween Witch
Frankenstein's Monster
Phantom of the Opera
Kharis

With honourable mention to Crimson Ghost.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mord

Quote from: Ghost on August 16, 2013, 01:28:58 AM
There were a ton of others but I think I got most of the monsters/horror genre ones available. I swiped the idea from our resident poll king Hepcat.

I voted for 1. Frankenstein's Monster, 2. Dracula, 3. Wolf Man, 4. Kharis, and 5. Phantom but was on the fence with alternates being either the Bride or Creature for the 5th spot.
I had the exact same top 5, all in color. I actually like the Frankenstein more in black and white, but figured most people would say color (didn't want to split the vote over the same piece).

Ghost

Quote from: Mord on August 16, 2013, 03:51:12 PM
I had the exact same top 5, all in color. I actually like the Frankenstein more in black and white, but figured most people would say color (didn't want to split the vote over the same piece).

I think the black and white version is great too. When I started buying Sideshow 12" I bought the Silver Screen editions because they were on sale. So I dutifully collected all of them (well except for the contest Son of Frankenstein, didn't win) until the prices raised up past what I could afford. I remember being equally bitter that all of the 12" line was not made in the Silver Screen editions like they did with the Little Big Heads and being mad that the price doubled from around $25 - $30 (the sale price I paid was $15 each) to around $40 - $50 for the later ones like the Creature From The Black Lagoon. I would have bought more but was waiting patiently for the Silver Screen versions that never came for some characters. The same happened with the  8" line series 5 was never made Silver Screen even though the rest were. So with the Neca line I steered clear of the black and white versions fearing the same thing and went with the color versions.

Mord

I know what you mean. I worked at a store that carried Sideshow, so I got everything at cost (15 to 20 bucks for 12"ers, 8 for 8"ers). I also got mad when the price went up but bought them because the quality was so high (and they did so many obscure fan-favorites). The silver screens were the best (no green coat for Frankie!), and they did all the main monsters except the Mummy. I still have them all (minus B&W Son of Frank). Can you imagine what we would have thought then if we could look into the future prices of figures? $50 would be a bargain in today's market.

Ghost

Quote from: Mord on August 16, 2013, 04:47:40 PM
I know what you mean. I worked at a store that carried Sideshow, so I got everything at cost (15 to 20 bucks for 12"ers, 8 for 8"ers). I also got mad when the price went up but bought them because the quality was so high (and they did so many obscure fan-favorites). The silver screens were the best (no green coat for Frankie!), and they did all the main monsters except the Mummy. I still have them all (minus B&W Son of Frank). Can you imagine what we would have thought then if we could look into the future prices of figures? $50 would be a bargain in today's market.

I'm still kicking myself over it. I thought for sure that they had announced a 12" Silver Screen Mummy like they did for the 8" but was disappointed when they decided not to make one because the color version was already fairly monochromatic. I hesitated on the Hunchback waiting for it to go on sale and just couldn't commit the $50 for the Creature as I was just recently married at the time and couldn't splurge even thought I wanted to. I missed the boat on all 3.

horrorhunter

I bought all of the Sideshow 8" in color, as well as nearly all of the 12" in color. I steered clear of the Silver Screens because I didn't want to duplicate everything. I have a couple of Silver Screens that I picked up cheap. Unlike many, I prefer the color versions. As always, to each his own.

BTW, I was miffed when I had to fork over $50 for the Sideshow 12" Creature at Monster Bash back in the day. Man, I'm glad I followed through on that deal!
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Ghost

Looks like I missed a few

37. Pirates of the Caribbean

38. Halloween Pumpkinhead

39. Halloween Mummy

39. Halloween Skeleton

I think there were only four Halloween Knockers

40. Freddy Krueger B

41. Jason Voorhees B

42. Predator 2

43. Terminator 2&3

44. Predator mask

45. Jason Voorhees C

46. Barrel The Nightmare Before Christmas

47. Lock The Nightmare Before Christmas

48. Shock The Nightmare Before Christmas (I always thought the saying was, "Lock, Stock, and Barrel" you know parts of a gun)

49. Dr. Finklestein The Nightmare Before Christmas

50. Living Dead Dolls Posey, Eggzorcist, Lou Saffire, Lizzie Borden

Ghost

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 16, 2013, 05:38:02 PM
I bought all of the Sideshow 8" in color, as well as nearly all of the 12" in color. I steered clear of the Silver Screens because I didn't want to duplicate everything. I have a couple of Silver Screens that I picked up cheap. Unlike many, I prefer the color versions. As always, to each his own.

BTW, I was miffed when I had to fork over $50 for the Sideshow 12" Creature at Monster Bash back in the day. Man, I'm glad I followed through on that deal!

Mask of the Red Death figure is one that just doesn't work as well in black and white for me. The only comparison we had was the Little Big Heads as the 12" and 8" never made it to Silver Screen but I love the 12" in red that jumps out at you like the poster on the box.

Hepcat

Quote from: Ghost on August 16, 2013, 05:40:35 PMLooks like I missed a few

No problem. Take a few days to dig for any others you might have missed, and then do a second heat.

Collecting! It's what I do!

Ghost

Quote from: Hepcat on August 16, 2013, 07:00:28 PM
No problem. Take a few days to dig for any others you might have missed, and then do a second heat.

I probably won't. Worthpoint already took down the photos that I just uploaded. The pictures say copyright but they are the pictures that users have uploaded on ebay and other auction sites and worthpoint does not own the original likenesses, manufacturer images, or consumer photos, etc. and ebay photos only last for so long before the sales get archived so the photos aren't available anymore. If anything it was free advertising for worthpoint to come see what was sold in the past and for how much but I guess they don't see it that way. Plus the majority were alternate versions or re-dos of characters already in the poll. Oh well.

Mord

Does anybody remember those really nice Forever Collectibles Universal bobble heads from 2005? I finally got a set a little over a year ago (E-bay), but don't remember them in stores. Great actor likenesses, though not as God-like as Neca's