MISFITS.....A Horror-themed band that is timeless.

Started by marsattacks666, August 11, 2013, 04:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

The MISFITS. Forty plus years, and still kicking.  The band has survived all theses years with many line-up changes, inactivity and Jerry Only's ( Gene Simmons's ) marketing spirit and attitude.

Here are some classic MISFITS' songs:

The Misfits Horror Business

The Misfits- Skulls (With Lyrics)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Howler

I love the Danzig era Misfits and i dig the Graves era as well. I have the Devil's Rain album and even though it has some decent tunes on it, I think Jerry has done more harm than good to the band by continuing to use the name. Plus they have poor salesmanship skills. I bought a Crimson Ghost mask from their website last year and it came damaged. I contacted them about it and never heard back from them. Now that I have ranted, late me state that yes, the original tunes by the Misfits are indeed timeless and have and will continue to live on through generations.   thrhrt
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

long live kong

Not a hardcore fan of the Misfits, but I like every song of theirs I've heard! Quality band.
Monster lovers never grow old....

marsattacks666

Quote from: long live kong on October 13, 2013, 03:11:32 PM
Not a hardcore fan of the Misfits, but I like every song of theirs I've heard! Quality band.
;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Haunted hearse

What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

marsattacks666

Nosferatu79

From the 3rd era of the band, with founding member Jerry as the lead singer, (which continues right up to this day) I like this one - Ghost Of Frankenstein:
Misfits - Ghost Of Frankenstein (Music Video)

zombiehorror

The songs with Jerry singing are just unlistenable in my opinion, he really should have gotten a new/real singer!

Nosferatu79

Do you like Jerry's vocals on this?

Land Of The Dead 2009 single:
Misfits - Land of the Dead & Twilight of the Dead
This is better than the same two songs as they were re-recorded on the Devil's Rain LP.

zombiehorror

Quote from: Nosferatu79 on October 17, 2013, 04:55:42 AM
Do you like Jerry's vocals on this?

Not particularly!!  His voice has improved and it may work for some music (I actually think it sounded/worked better on Project 1950) but he is just all wrong for this music.....in my opinion!

marsattacks666

Quote from: zombiehorror on October 17, 2013, 03:38:02 AM
The songs with Jerry singing are just unlistenable in my opinion, he really should have gotten a new/real singer!

I never liked Jerry's voice. :(

zombiehorror