your favorite TROMA movies & other B Movie cheese

Started by The Batman, August 07, 2013, 02:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Batman

I still have Class of Nuke'em High 3 on VHS. It was my intro to Troma films.
also have standard B movie cheese films as Killer Klowns from Outer Space on VHS, etc...
Do you have any favorites?

DRIVE INs will always remind me of much older B movie cheese...

marsattacks666

Great title-thread.  ;D
I have been collecting Troma films for over twenty years. I have even met Lloyd Kaufman.
Some of my favorite Troma films are, Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke 'em High, Waitress, Stuck on You,
Redneck Zombies, Mother's Day. To name a few.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

The Batman

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 07, 2013, 05:12:52 PM
Great title-thread.  ;D
I have been collecting Troma films for over twenty years. I have even met Lloyd Kaufman.
Some of my favorite Troma films are, Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke 'em High, Waitress, Stuck on You,
Redneck Zombies, Mother's Day. To name a few.

I greatly appreciate your movie picks. 'Heard about "Redneck Zombies" being good and also
"Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead" has been recommended.

Another B movie:"Amazon Women on the Moon"

Unknown Primate

Wow!  My wife and I watched a LOT of Troma flicks in the 80's and 90's, mostly rentals.  Of course, Toxie, Mother's Day, Evil Clutch, Bigfoot, Nuke'em High, Surf Nazis and many more.  I usually viewed them while - ahem - "enhanced".  ;)  Watch a few newer ones every now and then (un-enhanced).
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

charp13

Oh, I LOVE my Citizen Toxie!  And I am ashamed to say that I adore the movie Butt Crack- It's hilarious & reminds me of a couple of my family members, so I hold it dear to my heart!   :)

marsattacks666

The Toxic Avenger is one of my favorite Troma flicks. Sgt. Kabukiman its fun to watch also.  Troma has an underground quirky, quality.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

The Batman

Quote from: Unknown Primate on August 08, 2013, 03:28:06 AM
Wow!  My wife and I watched a LOT of Troma flicks in the 80's and 90's, mostly rentals.  Of course, Toxie, Mother's Day, Evil Clutch, Bigfoot, Nuke'em High, Surf Nazis and many more.  I usually viewed them while - ahem - "enhanced".  ;)  Watch a few newer ones every now and then (un-enhanced).

LOVE your term re: (un-enhanced).  8)  Yes, I remember those days well! Surf Nazis was good & plenty cheesy.  I will put those others on my list. Often youtube will have entire movies. cheers

The Batman

Quote from: charp13 on August 08, 2013, 04:02:23 AM
Oh, I LOVE my Citizen Toxie!  And I am ashamed to say that I adore the movie Butt Crack- It's hilarious & reminds me of a couple of my family members, so I hold it dear to my heart!   :)

'Haven't seen Toxie for many moons. Need to check it out again. Thanks for the memories!

The Batman

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 08, 2013, 05:59:46 PM
The Toxic Avenger is one of my favorite Troma flicks. Sgt. Kabukiman its fun to watch also.  Troma has an underground quirky, quality.

Sgt. K is now on my list thanks to you.

The Batman

I just remembered my older brother's story about a friend who made it into a Troma movie.
Troma filmed her for perhaps over an hour doing different things.
She was EXCITED that she would be on film. Took her parents and other friends and relatives to watch it. She was very mad and unhappy that the only scene with her in it showed her with white stuff coming out of her mouth, something like that (sex reference). I seem to remember it may even have been Sgt. Kabukiman.

So I must ask: WAS there a scene like that in Sgt. Kabukiman?
If not then it was whatever Troma movie has that scene.

marsattacks666

Quote from: The Batman on August 09, 2013, 02:59:02 AM
I just remembered my older brother's story about a friend who made it into a Troma movie.
Troma filmed her for perhaps over an hour doing different things.
She was EXCITED that she would be on film. Took her parents and other friends and relatives to watch it. She was very mad and unhappy that the only scene with her in it showed her with white stuff coming out of her mouth, something like that (sex reference). I seem to remember it may even have been Sgt. Kabukiman.

So I must ask: WAS there a scene like that in Sgt. Kabukiman?
If not then it was whatever Troma movie has that scene.

I don't recall that particular scene in Sgt. Kabukiman. Maybe in Killer Condom? Or Tromeo and Juliet?

horrorhunter

"I wonna buy uh guhn!"

"Taste summa Momma's HOME COOKIN'!"

Surf Nazis Must Die
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

D.D. Wookie

Gotta go with Troma's War as my fave.  Runners up are Mother's Day, Toxic Avenger and The Children.  But War is so completely over the top, even by Troma standards.
When the dead walk, senores, we must stop the killing, or we'll lose the war...

zombiehorror

Always loved Toxic Avenger, it was a blind buy for me back in my teens....I still can't believe they turned that into a Saturday morning cartoon for the kiddies!  Also Class of Nuke 'Em High (Another blind buy!), Mother's Day, Surf Nazis; all just good-cheesy fun!

Haunted hearse

My favoriete?  "Cannibal the Musical", written, directed and starring Trey Parker, who, with his fellow "Cannibal" alumni Matt Stone, went on to create the TV series "South Park".  It may be the most shpadoinkle film ever released by Troma.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?