Author Topic: Insect-Man! Odd latex figure....  (Read 2185 times)

typhooforme

• Sergeant Major
  • "The Monster was the best friend I ever had."
Insect-Man! Odd latex figure....
« on: December 11, 2007, 03:13:33 PM »
I got this from the Ackermuseum sale of a few years back.  No one seems to recall much about it, so I'm putting it before the gang here to see if it looks at all familiar.  And if it doesn't, maybe it will amuse and delight!  I love this li'l feller.  Legspread is about one foot.  He was in bad shape when I got him, and I had to do some cosmetic fixin' just to make sure his leg-parts didn't fall off.  Wonder if he was meant for a stop-motion project?

Robert in Ohio

"I donít care what they do, so long as they donít do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
Re: Insect-Man! Odd latex figure....
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:31:14 PM »
I have no idea.  If I guess right, do I win something?  I do?  Oh boy!  Ok then, here is my guess:  one of the creatures in the climax of Bride of Re-animator.  Do I get a second guess?  I do?   Oh goody!  Here is my second guess:  a creature from Troll or Ghoulies.  Hey, I sneaked a third guess in there.
Raymond Castile

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 07:36:22 PM »

Yup.   Appears to be a mold pull for some movie critter.

Dr.Terror

• Sergeant
  • Welcome to my House of Horrors
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 08:02:57 PM »
Thats the first thing i thought of too when I saw it, looks like a prop from one of the "Ghoulies" movies.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

GAKENSTEIN

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 10:12:16 PM »
Not sure what this critter is from, but Franz Kafka would love it!!
"Supernatural perhaps, baloney perhaps not!"

gracebuster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 10:27:55 PM »
That thing makes me uncomfortable!

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 09:35:03 PM »
Are you sure Robert that that thing isn't just some vermin that you found living underneath your pile of stuff? Varmints are attracted to clutter you know. If I were you I'd call your local pest control provider. Otherwise .. just send him to me and I'll take care of it for you.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

typhooforme

• Sergeant Major
  • "The Monster was the best friend I ever had."
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 12:08:09 AM »
Are you sure Robert that that thing isn't just some vermin that you found living underneath your pile of stuff? Varmints are attracted to clutter you know. If I were you I'd call your local pest control provider. Otherwise .. just send him to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Ya know, Terry, I did think I saw 2 or 3 little ones just like this scuttle behind the drapes in the movie room.  But I just blamed it on my age.  I was in college in the late-60's, ya know.  These flashbacks!  Darn that Timothy Leary!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:16:47 AM by typhooforme »
Robert in Ohio

"I donít care what they do, so long as they donít do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell