Hideous Sun Demon Mego Custom?

Started by Anton Phibes, October 17, 2008, 03:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Wasn't there somebody in the group here who made a custom Sun Demon mego style figure awhile back?  If so, are there pics of this, because I remember it looking very cool.  Too bad no one has actually done a figure of old horn head.  I'd buy it!

mjaycox

That was mine. Thanks for the compliment.

You can see the pics below. The bottom shows in image of his box stood alongside some other B-monsters.

Beast witches,

Matt Jaycox
UMA Medic
CEO, Mage Toys

"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

The Phantom Creep

WOW Matt that Sun Demon is absolutely stunning !! Perfection !!
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Anton Phibes

Yup!  That's the one...TOTALLY ROCKIN'!!!!!!!  An artist of limitless talents in the realm of custom toy making. 

mjaycox

Quote from: The Phantom Creep on October 17, 2008, 04:50:44 AM
WOW Matt that Sun Demon is absolutely stunning !! Perfection !!

Thanks. That is the single hardest custom I ever had to do. None of the others even come close. I had to sculpt on all of the scales individually. Not just on the face, but on the body too. And then I had to make the molds which never went right, because of all the undercuts-- so they kept getting air bubbles.

I worked out in the end, but that is why I never again took on a project quite like that (such as She Creature, or IT the Terror from beyond space...)

Beast witches,

Matt
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes