Author Topic: TCM Monster Movie Marathon  (Read 1689 times)

Cerebus

• Sergeant
  • Giant Monsters, Mythological Creatures & Dinos
    • Parlor Of Horror
Re: TCM Monster Movie Marathon
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »
"Eye of the Tiger" is my least favorite of all of Ray's films -- the creatures just aren't very interesting (except, of course, Jane Seymour)...

She is certainly the most interesting creature in the film :D which is unusual for a Harryhausen movie. I'm just glad he was able to make Clash of the Titans after this so his legacy ended on a high note!
http://parlorofhorror.wordpress.com All things horror, and some sci-fi, too!

Earth 2 Chris

• Corporal
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »
Clash of the Titans was on TCM last Saturday. I had totally forgotten Perseus' mother had a topless scene. My son saw his first movie boob!

Chris

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
"Eye of the Tiger" is my least favorite of all of Ray's films -- the creatures just aren't very interesting (except, of course, Jane Seymour)...

This is true....and Taryn Power was interesting as well (but Jane Seymour was the Babe Supreme in that flick ;)). Interesting name, too.....Seymour....See More. :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Cerebus

• Sergeant
  • Giant Monsters, Mythological Creatures & Dinos
    • Parlor Of Horror
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 12:25:09 AM »
Clash of the Titans was on TCM last Saturday. I had totally forgotten Perseus' mother had a topless scene. My son saw his first movie boob!

Chris

Lol, congrats to your son. My first movie boobs was in a kung fu movie with Bruce Lee, Fists of Fury, I think. My dad took me and my brother to see it. He must have seen it was coming and sent us to buy popcorn, but we stood at the back of the theater and watched the whole scene :)

http://parlorofhorror.wordpress.com All things horror, and some sci-fi, too!

MONSTERMOSH

• Private First Class
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 12:43:15 AM »
I think the Creature from the Black Lagoon should be left alone.

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
  • My blood now flows through her veins!
Re: Re: TCM Monster Movie Marathon
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 03:13:19 AM »

Seymour used to go on talk shows and joke about this being the only G-rated nude scene in film history. Then she'd tell a story about filming "The Thorn Birds" with Richard Chamberlain that was quite graphic, but very funny.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Dr.Cyclops

• Corporal
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:21 PM »
I think the Creature from the Black Lagoon should be left alone.
I concur,the Creature is too iconic to tamper with his appearance :'(.Besides didn't they do a pseudo remake with Anaconda? ;D
“Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable.” ~Ron Swanson

Universal Monster Army

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:21 PM »