Author Topic: Eerie Publications...  (Read 5383 times)

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
Re: Eerie Publications...
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »
A couple of years ago, someone on eBay had a couple original cover paintings.
That would have been a sweet find.  Do you remember what they went for?

The Phantom Creep

• Sergeant
  • Used to be ZOMBOPHOTO
    • MySpace
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 02:01:46 PM »
I remember seeing those. Don't remember what they went for though, a good bit I think. I also don't remember them being amongst the best ones.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Josh

• Corporal
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 02:44:28 PM »

First, Heah Andy whats up?  I hope Santa brings you a 6 foot Jack Davis poster...as for me, I have it on good authority that he has Tim Lucas's Bava book on the way

ZOMBOPHOTO, I discovered your Flikr page a while ago quite by accident while browsing Flickr for cool stuff and promptly bookmarked it.  I have spent waaaay to much time (usually at work) checking out all those magazine covers you have scanned.  AMAZING stuff.  You have a really nice collection there.
Anyway, I love these mags and would love to get a collection going, the covers are shocking even today.  They were so lurid and over the top, very graphic stuff. 

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 02:52:36 PM »

I'm pretty sure those paintings did not sell. The minimum bid was high, I don't remember how much exactly, but it was several thousand $$ each, which seemed ludicrous for what they were.

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »
HEY JOSH!  Glad you made it to the group!  For those that don't know Josh from the HMA boards, he's a collector of monster masks and goodies as well as an all-around great guy.  Welcome!

The Phantom Creep

• Sergeant
  • Used to be ZOMBOPHOTO
    • MySpace
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »
Well hello there Josh, nice to kind of meet you. Glad you enjoy the flickr stuff!
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 02:05:46 AM »
Hello Josh!
Raymond Castile