Which of these Funko Mad Monster Party Figures do you like the best?

Started by Hepcat, May 06, 2013, 03:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Which three of these Funko Mad Monster Party figures do you like the best?

Frankenstein - Dracula - Werewolf - Zombie Bellhop

Yetch - Mr. Hyde - Francesca - Skeleton Band Member

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

zombiehorror

Mr. Hyde, zombie bellhop and Dracula!  I still need to pick up the 2nd series!

horrorhunter

Francesca, Dracula, and Yetch. I love these figs. Have them all on two of my shelves. I usually don't display newer stuff but made an exception for these. I also love how Francesca is so....."healthy". ;) >:D

I wish they had done a third series with Baron Von Frankenstein (Boris Karloff), The Bride (Philyss Diller), Felix Flankin, and The Mummy.

And a fourth series with The Creature, Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll, It (big ape)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

It's surprising how little love there is for the Werewolf in early returns.

:-\

Paladin

I went with Francesca, the Skeleton Band Member & Werewolf.

Very nice stuff here :)
"Traveler of both time and space..."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on May 06, 2013, 11:35:46 PM
It's surprising how little love there is for the Werewolf in early returns.

:-\

Very sad. What did He do? Poor Werewolf. :(
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Almost all the players in this one are still in the medal hunt!

:)

Haunted hearse

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 06, 2013, 04:01:01 PM
Francesca, Dracula, and Yetch. I love these figs. Have them all on two of my shelves. I usually don't display newer stuff but made an exception for these. I also love how Francesca is so....."healthy". ;) >:D

I wish they had done a third series with Baron Von Frankenstein (Boris Karloff), The Bride (Philyss Diller), Felix Flankin, and The Mummy.

And a fourth series with The Creature, Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll, It (big ape)
Because of this post, I found the same seller selling both series on Ebay, and made space for them.  I would hope that maybe someday they will do a third series.  hard to believe that the Baron, Felix, and the Bride, weren't included in those that have been done.  Seeing them in person, they are well crafted, and evoke a favorite childhood memory.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Hepcat

Evidently it was the inimitable Jack Davis who designed all the Mad Monster Party characters.

cl:)

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Hepcat on June 05, 2013, 03:50:48 PM
Evidently it was the inimitable Jack Davis who designed all the Mad Monster Party characters.

There was a so so follow up called, "Mad Mad Monsters". I think it was originally shown on CBS on Saturday morning, and rather then stop motion, was 2D hand drawn animation.  In this film the characters were designed by (I suspect) Paul Cocker Jr., and you can see the differences between the two artists style.  Paul Cocker Jr. did a lot of the designs for many of the Rankin Bass Christmas specials.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Hepcat

Here are some pictures for those of you still sitting on the fence and unable to decide:

CreepysFan

" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Hepcat

These are all so cool, but I see Mr. Hyde is still out in front in this one!

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...