FREE MONSTERS - Premiums & Give-A-Ways

Started by Monsters For Sale, April 28, 2013, 05:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 01, 2019, 12:06:50 PM
It ends in .ipg - but I can't figure out how to copy it - even when I can find it.

Can you send me a link to the page where it can be seen?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

This is apparently a contest prize from the 1992 promotion from Pepsi - the one where you matched halves of Monster Money.  The person who listed this on eBay said his girlfriend got him this shirt when he was posted in the military overseas - and she was always interring contests

Nice to know some people actually won a few things.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

ME:  Trying to post pictures from Flickr.  Failing.

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 01, 2019, 11:44:45 AM
Is Flickr the one that has "at" signs in their addresses?

PM me one of the file addresses. 

Consider any pictures I post from today forward to be courtesy of Mike Scott.  I NEVER would have figured out how to manipulate Flickr based on the way I used to post picture here - totally different.  (And I am a total computer weenie.)

Thanks, Mike!
ADAM

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 02, 2019, 06:06:47 AM
This is apparently a contest prize from the 1992 promotion from Pepsi - the one where you matched halves of Monster Money.  The person who listed this on eBay said his girlfriend got him this shirt when he was posted in the military overseas - and she was always interring contests

Nice to know some people actually won a few things.

Fun item, thanks for pointing it out! This shirt is not a prize from the 1991 "Monster Match for Monster Money" promotion, but a promo item from the second year ('92) of Pepsi/Doritos' UM license, dubbed "Monster Bash".

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on April 03, 2019, 04:21:56 AM
Fun item, thanks for pointing it out! This shirt is not a prize from the 1991 "Monster Match for Monster Money" promotion, but a promo item from the second year ('92) of Pepsi/Doritos' UM license, dubbed "Monster Bash".

THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION!

(I was relying on the copyright date more than the image.)
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

That's right, Dummy is back with yet another stoopid cup...

Never seen a cup utilizing this particular layout before.  It is from the 1992 Pepsi Monster Bash promotion and is the same as the artwork utilized on the Pepsi 12-Pack cut-out panels.  These 32 oz., 6¾" cups were made by Sterling Products, Winchester, VA and are labeled "Reusable" and "Dishwasher Safe".

Even I am tired of cups.  I wish someone would start giving away little toys again.

ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 12, 2019, 01:20:50 AM
Oh good, they're recyclable!

After 27 years, most of them have been.

That makes this one rare.  Oooh!
ADAM

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Quote from: ToyMemories on June 04, 2012, 05:08:29 AMStrangely came across one of the Munsters A&W Root Beer Ford promotional pedal cars yesterday (I believe the date on it is 1999, but I think the promotion was early 2000's)....

It's evidently based on a 1935 Ford.

I wonder what you had to do at the time to win one of these beauties?

Quote from: ToyMemories on June 04, 2012, 05:08:29 AM...couldn't pass it up as it was in pretty nice shape.  At about $20., it called out to me!    :o
(regretfully because it is kind of big, it probably can't stay here permanently... ah I wish I had more room.)

Great price though!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

Universal-Pepsi - Monster Bash - T-Shirt, X-Large - Fruit of the Loom

The top prize in their contest was a Halloween party for you and your friends on the Universal Studios Grounds.  Not sure, but I think the Bates House and Motel figured in there somehow.  If you got one of these shirts in the mail, you knew the big prize had eluded you.

Better'n nuthin'.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

FRANKENSTEIN - Iron-On Patch - 2 in. - Fun Meal Premium - Crankenburger - Burger Chef, 1973

ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Yes, but they were cheap! I seem to recall they had burgers for $0.20 in Canada in 1970 or so. Therefore they were a very decent value for the price.

;)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on January 25, 2020, 09:10:34 PM
Yes, but they were cheap! I seem to recall they had burgers for $0.20 in Canada in 1970 or so. ... 

When I looked them up, I found advertised prices ranging from 15¢ to 39¢, depending on the year.
ADAM