FREE MONSTERS - Premiums & Give-A-Ways

Started by Monsters For Sale, April 28, 2013, 05:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

Somewhere I have a small holographic sticker of the Creature that was a premium ..in what, I don't recall. If I Canlocate it I'll post a pic.

Monsters For Sale

This handsome 3 in. Dracula "Count On a Miller Halloween" button was handed out 1n 1995 by the Miller Brewing Company.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Another interesting button from the Miller Brewing Company.  This unusual, 2 1/8 in. square pin-back features a Universal Studios licensed image of the Wolf Man for their Sharp's Non-Alcoholic Beer.

Evidently their "Don't Let It Get Ugly, Ask For Sharp's Tonight! - Keep Your Edge" slogan is a caution not to let the beast in you take control on Halloween.

Can't find a year on this one or if any other Universal Monsters were featured in this campaign.

Anyone out there know more about this one?
ADAM

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 14, 2017, 05:21:21 PM
Another interesting button from the Miller Brewing Company.  This unusual, 2 1/8 in. square pin-back features a Universal Studios licensed image of the Wolf Man for their Sharp's Non-Alcoholic Beer.

Evidently their "Don't Let It Get Ugly, Ask For Sharp's Tonight! - Keep Your Edge" slogan is a caution not to let the beast in you take control on Halloween.

Can't find a year on this one or if any other Universal Monsters were featured in this campaign.

Anyone out there know more about this one?

I have a Drac/Frank tabletop display from Miller as well. 1991 or so. 

Monsters For Sale

I doubt this Universal Monsters glass was actually free.  But the familiarly designed plastic 16 oz. glass deserves to be here with all the similar ones already posted.  It probably sold for a very small additional amount over the cost of the drink.

No idea where these were utilized.  Never seen them before.

UNIVERSAL MONSTERS - Cup - Plastic - 16 oz. - Ribbed sides - Makes for nice light pattern.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Here is a cup design I have seen only once before.  It is the same Frankenstein & Bride cup as the Mr. Hero one in a former post, but without the "Mr. Hero" logo on the back.  It is 7 in. tall, so presumably is 32 oz. 

FRANKENSTEIN - Cup - Pepsi - with Bride - 7 in.

Also, here is the previously unseen Mummy & Wolf Man companion cup:

Monsters - Cup - Pepsi - Mummy and Wolf Man - 7 in.

Since these cups do not have restaurant logos, it is impossible to be certain where they were used.

The unpopularity of these graphics has been discussed here before.  I thought that Mr. Hero was the only business to use this style cup.  But, now that I see there exist cups sans logo, it makes me wonder why so few have shown up on eBay in the past.

I guess users disliked these enough not to save very many.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Do you know if those have a Universal copyright (or TM) on them? I can't tell what that one mark opposite the Pepsi logo is.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 22, 2017, 08:47:01 PM
Do you know if those have a Universal copyright (or TM) on them? I can't tell what that one mark opposite the Pepsi logo is.

Yeah.  They're licensed.

It's the same as this logo:

ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

MadCow

I went to NYCC (New York Comic Con) yesterday and found this hanging high above a booth and was drawn to it like moth to flame...

I've never had the luck of stumbling upon the figures themselves so I really need to add them now.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: MadCow on October 06, 2017, 04:27:48 PM
I went to NYCC yesterday and found this hanging high above a booth and was drawn to it like moth to flame...  ... 

What was the story on that?

It couldn't have been hanging there since 1992?  Did the store find a few left over monsters and give them out recently?  What are the dimensions on that sign?

(Did they give you the sign, or did you grab it when they weren't looking?)

EDIT:

OH!  New York Comic Con!  (I finally get it.)

Nice find.  I've never seen that version of their sign.

I've broken out in jealousy bumps all over.

ADAM

MadCow

Hahaha! That would be nice if WC magically pulled these out of the archives and back into our hands. But sadly, that isn't happening and this cost me a lot more than a few kids meals and some thievery. 😉

To answer your question about the size, it's 16x20 and made of cardboard. The same print is on both sides and the price numbers in the corner are stickers. I guess the meal price varied by market. It's got a few dings on the edges and overall wear but is in pretty nice shape for being 25 years old. I'm impressed someone had the forethought to save it all this time.

Edit - sorry for the confusion about NYCC, fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Scott

Cool poster! Really nice condition! Hope you find the toys!
CREATURE FAN

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: MadCow on October 06, 2017, 04:27:48 PM
I went to NYCC (New York Comic Con) yesterday and found this hanging high above a booth and was drawn to it like moth to flame...

I've never had the luck of stumbling upon the figures themselves so I really need to add them now.

I've been looking for one of those since the promotion started. Great find, particularly at that show.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Monsters For Sale

Cleopatra's Monster Mash - 16 oz. - Glow-In-the-Dark Cup - 4½" - Pescor Plastics - Forth Worth Texas.

Sweet little cup with a Graveyard, Egyptian paraphernalia, Spider Web, Frankenstein, Witch flying across a Full Moon, Tombstone, Bats, Dracula, Mummy, Ghost, Coffin, Werewolf, Spooky Tree and three Skulls scattered around.

So, of couse, I love it.  My only question is - what was the "Cleopatra's" that issued this cup and do they still exist?

ADAM