Author Topic: Until the Dead Lie Still: A Tale of Vengeance  (Read 988 times)

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
  • Here's to a World of Gods & Monsters!
    • BraedenOrr.com
Until the Dead Lie Still: A Tale of Vengeance
« on: April 11, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »
It has been a long time since I have been around here. 2012 started out great creatively for me. I wrote, directed and starred in the award-winning short film "The Forsaken" (
The Forsaken
). I started doing background acting and got to work with actors such as Matt Ross, Reese Witherspoon, and Clint Eastwood. I then began work on what I thought would be one of the most wonderful experiences of my life, Dr. Blasko's Laboratory of Horror. I soon found my first taste of studio push back, however. After putting in hundreds of dollars of my own money, writing a complete full season of episodes, putting together video packages, and so much more, I had the rug pulled out from under me by a staff/adviser who should not have been able to say no to the series unless it violated our college's guidelines. Instead, she said no because she did not want a show that lasted longer than 15 minutes. I think it is a moot point since we have no shows at all because no one is willing to try working with her, but in the end, she would not budge. The whole purpose of the show was to show off public domain films, so there is no way the series would work. Everyone involved bailed and I was left with a gorilla suit and an empty bank account.

Fast forward to the Fall of 2012. In an attempt to get my creative juices flowing once more, some friends and I decided to create a horror film. It was never meant to be taken seriously, but just a way for us to have some fun. I wrote, directed, edited, and even composed the music for "The Slender Man" (
The Slender Man - Final Cut (HD)
). It was nothing ground breaking, but we were happy with what we made. Imagine my surprise when I look on iMDB and discover that "The Slender Man" is actually the NUMBER ONE MOST POPULAR HORROR SHORT FILM! The film even went as far up as #15 on the list of Most Popular Short Films, regardless of genre!

On top of that, I have started acting on stage again. I appeared in Anton Chekhov's "The Seagull" which was a hit and am currently in "Moon Over Buffalo" which opens tonight. But what I am most excited about is my next project, the one that I think will not only be my greatest work, but could very well put myself and my wonderful crew of talented actors on the map. That project is my first feature length film, Until the Dead Lie Still: A Tale of Vengeance. It tells the story of the timid and subservient Isaac Connors. Despite being unhappy with the direction life has taken him, he takes solace in the fact he is with the woman he loves. When she is brutally murdered, Isaac's life and sanity begin to unravel. Haunted by a manifestation of his wife, created by his own psyche, Isaac seeks revenge on those who destroyed everything he once loved.

We will begin filming the trailer within the next few weeks. After that, we go through the arduous task of trying to raise funds. But, I believe in this project, as does my cast and crew which consists of people who have worked on sets for years and actors who have plenty of experience and talent.

Perhaps most exciting of all is my latest casting announcement. Most of the cast is younger, but the role of Detective John Wilcox will be played by none other than Don McGraw, one of the stars of Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies!

This is an exciting time for everyone and I hope you will follow us on our journey to create something truly memorable. Until the Dead Lie Still: A Tale of Vengeance has a tentative release date of April 2014.
We Belong Dead...

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
    • BraedenOrr.com
Re: Until the Dead Lie Still: A Tale of Vengeance
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:50:57 PM »
I am pleased to announce three new signings to the film! We have just signed Eric Galloway (Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies), AC Smallwood (Creative Loafing's Best Actress in Atlanta 2012 Award Recipient), and Robin Spriggs (NBC's Revolution and USA's Necessary Roughness) to major roles. We are very excited about the direction this film is headed!
We Belong Dead...

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
    • BraedenOrr.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »
After a few delays and re-casting, we have finally shot the teaser trailer! It will be online this week along with information on funding what should be a memorable film. Here are a few pictures I took with my iPhone on set.

We Belong Dead...

charp13

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:45:46 PM »
I just saw this and I had to say that I am so happy for all your success, Dr. B.!!! I watched the first film- The Forsaken, and I was completely engrossed in your story and performance! You are super talented and so young- I can't wait to see where the future takes you!  :)  I am going to watch The Slender Man on Youtube later. My internet is supposed to be fixed tomorrow AM (thanks Charter cable-bleh!), and I cannot wait to watch your other projects. I attempted to watch The Slender Man, but it kept cutting out on my end and I didn't want to spoil the suspense.... :)  But I did get a look at Slendy!! Nice work! I recently learned more than I ever wanted to know about that SlenderMan- thanks to my grandson! Keep up the good work, Dr. B.! Your family must be super proud of you, and I know we at the UMA are going to be watching your movies on the BIG screen some day very soon!

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
    • BraedenOrr.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »
I just saw this and I had to say that I am so happy for all your success, Dr. B.!!! I watched the first film- The Forsaken, and I was completely engrossed in your story and performance! You are super talented and so young- I can't wait to see where the future takes you!  :)  I am going to watch The Slender Man on Youtube later. My internet is supposed to be fixed tomorrow AM (thanks Charter cable-bleh!), and I cannot wait to watch your other projects. I attempted to watch The Slender Man, but it kept cutting out on my end and I didn't want to spoil the suspense.... :)  But I did get a look at Slendy!! Nice work! I recently learned more than I ever wanted to know about that SlenderMan- thanks to my grandson! Keep up the good work, Dr. B.! Your family must be super proud of you, and I know we at the UMA are going to be watching your movies on the BIG screen some day very soon!

Thank you for your kind words! We are all very passionate about this project and hope it will turn out as good as we know it can be :)

The teaser trailer (and subsequent Kickstarter page) should be up sometime this week. In the meantime, here is a preview image from the teaser:

We Belong Dead...

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
    • BraedenOrr.com
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:31:08 AM »
The Kickstarter will be online soon, but in the meantime, here is an exclusive look at the debut teaser trailer!

Until the Dead Lie Still - TEASER TRAILER
We Belong Dead...

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
    • BraedenOrr.com
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »
And just like that, the Kickstarter is online! Even if you cannot donate, please share the link and spread the word concerning the film!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2147348250/until-the-dead-lie-still-a-tale-of-vengeance
We Belong Dead...

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
    • BraedenOrr.com
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »
Now you can help us fund the movie without even donating! If we get enough 5* ratings and follows, JuntoBox Films (including co-chairman Forest Whitaker!!!) will consider funding the film! So please, follow and rate us!

http://www.juntoboxfilms.com/projects/until-the-dead-lie-still-a-tale-of-vengeance
We Belong Dead...

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
    • BraedenOrr.com
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 02:46:40 PM »
Forest Whitaker's Junto Box Films's twitter retweeted our project page!
We Belong Dead...

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »
Congrats, Doc, I really wish you much success.

Dr. Blasko

• Sergeant
    • BraedenOrr.com
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »
So... an update on what was to be my first feature film. I didn't realize I never updated UMA about it, but essentially, the day before we started filming, my college shut us down. More specifically one department that we were relying on to donate equipment in order to afford to shoot the film. Without their cooperation, we could not afford to make the movie. It was very disappointing to say the least. There is interest in getting the film produced, but it is not something I can move on at the moment. If you saw my other topic, I am currently working on another short film called 30 Lives Later.

That being said, Mercer had its annual film festival and I decided to enter the teaser trailer as an entry. It was a rather silly move as it is not a short film, just a trailer, but I figured the publicity would be good and maybe Brian Kane could win an award for his acting. Lo and behold, not only was the trailer for Until the Dead Lie Still voted in 3rd place by the audience, but it actually won the coveted Judge's Choice award! I am blown away by this as this was not a short film like all of the other entries. It tells me that the quality of the piece could not be denied and there is serious potential here for the future film that will come out of it.

We Belong Dead...

charp13

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »
APPLAUSE!!!!   Very cool! Thanks for the update!   :)