Genuine Vintage Universal Frankenstein boots- found.

Started by Monster Bob, March 27, 2013, 03:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charp13

Oh wow!! This is one of those stories that I really want to read more about! They look so well preserved.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gillfan

propman

Did you buy this Bob? I have a pair of boots that were made for Movieland Wax Museum by the people that made the boots for the walk around characters. I would love to compare them sometime!!!! Mine are taller (almost knee high) but they look very similar to those boots.

"D" ;)

Monster Bob

The boots specifically made for the walkarounds usually have extremely tall lifts, as most guys aren't very tall, compared to the height of The Monster. Also note the tops don't have the "bump" above the toes. The ones pictured here are oddly shaped, also.

Gillfan

I have oftem wondered why, for the walk arounds, the simply don't hire very tall men. Guys who are 6 foot 6 really are not that rare (every high school and college Bball team has some). While the boots Monster Bob and Bob Burns have look much like the films, I have seen some walk arounds that have simply insane boots that I feel detract from the look.

Monster Bob

Quote from: Gillfan on March 28, 2013, 11:17:43 AM
I have oftem wondered why, for the walk arounds, the simply don't hire very tall men. Guys who are 6 foot 6 really are not that rare (every high school and college Bball team has some). While the boots Monster Bob and Bob Burns have look much like the films, I have seen some walk arounds that have simply insane boots that I feel detract from the look.

I have wondered the same thing, Gill...some of them look just plain stupid!

Gillfan

For example I think these are too big, or are poorly designed:

Plus, Frank always had a "tailored" look, I don't recall his pants ever being that long.

But the Frank below has a better look.

Monster Bob

Great shots. The second pair are very non-traditional.

And yes, you would think Universal would get it right. But then again -two words- VAN HELSING.  :P

typhooforme

Some mighty interesting stuff turns up here.  Thank you all for the photos and links!  I've read of the various boots and their differences and similarities, but it's cool to see photos for comparison.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

zombiehorror

Quote from: typhooforme on March 28, 2013, 03:50:16 PM
...................it's cool to see photos for comparison.

Karloff Frankenstein

Karloff-Bride

Karloff-Son

Bela

Lon

Strange

Herman

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Monster Bob

Great pics, guys.  Mine are mirror twins to the Strange HOUSE boots, but I'm not making any claims, other than they are definitely old and from Universal Studios, CA, which I know.  They were movie-used for sure, just not sure what all.

I love 'em, and next Halloween, look out...I'll be seven feet tall and stompin'!

zombiehorror

Almost all of the older pairs seem to have a seam on the sides (even Herman's) with the possible exception of Lon's, it's just to hard to tell in his pics!!

Found a better picture

His do seem to have some kind of seam right around his pant leg and possibly one up the side that you can see on his inner left foot!