Fifty years of Doctor Who..

Started by Memphremagog, February 24, 2013, 03:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Pertwee

I just picked up a R1 new release called Doctor Who The Animation Collection. It has Shada, Power of the Daleks, Scream of the Shalka, Dreamland and The Infinite Quest. A bargain for $20.

Dreamland and The Infinite Quest star David Tennant
Power of the Daleks stars Patrick Troughton in the first Regeneration story. (Color version only)
Shada stars Tom Baker. A mix of live action and animation, this story is finally completed after a production strike halted the serial in the middle of filming.
Scream of the Shalka stars Richard E. Grant as an alternate Doctor, and you won't believe who plays The Master.

Count_Zirock

DOCTOR WHO Series 12 Trailer
Return of the Judoon and Cybermen. Another new monster looks similar to the Empress of the Raknos. Showrunner Chris Chibnell has said the emphasis this season will be on the "scary side."
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Count_Zirock

Quote from: John Pertwee on June 10, 2019, 01:58:10 PMDreamland and The Infinite Quest star David Tennant
Power of the Daleks stars Patrick Troughton in the first Regeneration story. (Color version only)
Shada stars Tom Baker. A mix of live action and animation, this story is finally completed after a production strike halted the serial in the middle of filming.
Scream of the Shalka stars Richard E. Grant as an alternate Doctor, and you won't believe who plays The Master.
I have all of those except for Scream of the Shalka with Richard E. Grant. Grant was in the series 7 stories "The Snowmen" and "The Name of the Doctor," with Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman. Both of those eps also feature Vastra, Jenny and Strax, a.k.a. the Paternoster Gang.

Lazarus

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Lazarus on November 27, 2019, 07:48:08 AMNot to mention Ian Mckellan!
I believe Ian is only in "The Snowmen." Grant took over the role of the Great Intelligence in "Name of the Doctor." But I'm sure they'd welcome him back if a role comes along, or they manage to resurrect the GI.

Count_Zirock

Doctor Who returns on New Year's Day in the start of a thrilling 10-part series, with subsequent episodes airing on Sundays.

SPYFALL - Part 1

"Spyfall - Part One"

Intelligence agents around the world are under attack from alien forces. MI6 turns to the only people who can help: The Doctor and friends. As they travel the globe for answers, attacks come from all sides. Earth's security rests on the team's shoulders, but where will this planet-threatening conspiracy lead them?

Count_Zirock

John Pertwee

Count_Zirock

Whoa, that end scene in Spyfall, Part 2 was mind-blowing!
https://youtu.be/roSVcfspqLA

Trailer for episode 3, Orphan 55, below.
https://youtu.be/yihrnYZk19s

John Pertwee

I felt that the reveal in episode 3 was a little too much like in Trial of a Time Lord when they revealed Ravalox was Earth and moved to another place. It was not a big deal since new fans won't get the similarities but even my wife mentioned that she felt like she had seen that before with Fenric.

Count_Zirock

Yes, it was all a bit too obvious. And then the Doctor had to make it even more obvious with a speech at the end. Someone needs to reign in Chibnall's passion for beating us over the head with the obvious. It's TV sci-fi, it isn't going to change the world. Concentrate on good stories, first and foremost.

Count_Zirock

"Nikolas Tesla's Night of Terror" (S12E04) trailer
https://youtu.be/zhnTT8cGndc

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock