Fifty years of Doctor Who..

Started by Memphremagog, February 24, 2013, 03:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Memphremagog

Regarding the premiere, Capaldi makes a great Doctor and Clara was excellent, but the Paternoster gang has to go..they are one note wonders and slowed this story down to a crippling pace.
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

John Pertwee

They were just there to bridge the old and the new. Doubt we will see them again until next year.

Peter was great. "Who frowned me this face" and that entire explanation really gives me goose bumps that we might get to revisit the Family from Pompeii.

Count_Zirock

September 9

Memphremagog

I'll wait for the series box set. I dont need to have that one story that's still on tv that badly. lol
DARK SHADOWS:

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Memphremagog on August 26, 2014, 03:00:04 PM
I'll wait for the series box set. I dont need to have that one story that's still on tv that badly. lol
Sadly, I don't get BBC America in my cable package. I'll get this, and the season set, when it comes out in November. Maybe this will have some extras, like the theatrical version prologue.

CreepysFan

Capaldi is only in his second story, but I already like him better than most of the new series Doctors. 
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Count_Zirock

He reminds me a bit of Jon Pertwee.

John Pertwee

Quote from: Count_Zirock on August 31, 2014, 03:53:39 AM
He reminds me a bit of Jon Pertwee.

Thank you.    ;D

Memphremagog

INTO THE DALEK was great..Capaldi is already shaping up to be a classic Doctor and the best one since Eccleston. He manages to channel bits of both Bakers and Eccleston while putting his own stamp on the character. I hope his Doctor doesnt mellow any time soon. His responses to things have an unpredictabilty that is refreshing to the show after the antics of the past few seasons. Cant wait to see more! :)
DARK SHADOWS:

WnewCreatureFeatures

Enjoyed several of the newest Doctors episodes , Listen was quite good and creepy

beware; there really is something under your bed

Count_Zirock

Now that Doctor Who has 3.75" action figures, it's fun to imagine the possible crossovers!

John Pertwee

That is very cool. Here is my 8th Doctor custom figure.

And a McFarlane Mummy standing in for The Foretold.

Count_Zirock

The two most recent episodes, "Mummy on the Orient Express" and "Flatline", have really been throwbacks to the classic "Doctor Who" era. Missy really felt shoehorned into the end of "Flatline", almost like an intrusion.

BaronNightshade

Missy and Danny Pink are my least favorite part of the current show, first thing this morning i had a questionaire from the BBC asking what i had to say about 'Flatline', i told them the truth - it was ecceptional storytelling.
I will be getting Questionaires for the next five weeks - why they want to keep asking about it after the season ends is anyones guess.