TV on DVD What are you watching now?

Started by Wicked Lester, February 23, 2013, 07:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Lester

I watched both of those back to back a few weeks ago. While The Day After is more like a ABC movie of the week,Threads is actually pretty gritty and at times down right depressing.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Wicked Lester on September 04, 2018, 12:42:20 AM
I watched both of those back to back a few weeks ago. While The Day After is more like a ABC movie of the week,Threads is actually pretty gritty and at times down right depressing.

Then you would probably like to watch:

The War Game, 1964

Testament, 1983
ADAM

horrorhunter

This is a bit of a cheat since I watched it on Comet Channel instead of DVD, but who gives a rat's patootie...

Space:1999 (1975)

I saw the first 2 episodes, and I enjoyed them. Martin Landau, Barbara Bain, and Barry Morse, did a good job, and the rest of the cast and creative folks delivered as well. Comet Channel is rerunning this show at 10 PM eastern time on Saturdays and Sundays. I'll be tuning in since I don't have the show on DVD. Not sure why I didn't watch this show when it first ran, but now I get the pleasure of seeing the episodes for the first time.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, 1973 - Young couple inherits the run-down old home of the wife's grandmother.  The long-time handyman advises them about exploring the house - advise the wife ignores.

Kim Darby is the imprudent wife and Jim Hutton is her husband.

Early 70's Movie of the Week and looks it.  Spooky as heck in its time.  Made enough of an impression to inspire a big screen re-make.  Milder in retrospect, but still interesting.

Worth a look for today's audiences.  I like it for its nostalgic feel.  Classic old house fare.
ADAM

horrorhunter

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Season 3:

ep. "The Day The World Ended" (airdate 10/2/66)

ep. "Night Of Terror" (airdate 10/9/66)  Uses some of the finned lizards bits from The Lost World remake.  ;D

Great show, monsters aplenty!
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

Voyage To the Bottom Of the Sea: The Menfish(1966)
Lost In Space: Treasure Of the Lost Planet(1967)
The Time Tunnel: Idol Of Death(1966)
Land Of the Giants: The Crash(1968)
Doctor Who: Asylum Of the Daleks(2013)
Night Gallery: Death On A Barge(1973)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 04, 2018, 09:32:08 AM
Then you would probably like to watch:

The War Game, 1964

Testament, 1983

I will check into those. For whatever reason I tend to gravitate to movies that are dark and dismal.

Wicked Lester

American Horror Story season 5 THe Hotel. I have been told and thought myself that I had a twisted mind,but THIS is very bizarre. Was intending to watch the Packers Redskins game but popped this in instead. :o AAAND got addicted.

Mike...In 3-D!

I've been working my way through the entirety of The Twilight Zone for the first time. Almost done with season three.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Anthony Caranci

Superman Season One Disc 1:

1. Superman On Earth.
2. The Haunted Lighthouse.
3. The Talkative Dummy.
4. The Mystery of the Broken Statues.
5. The Monkey Mystery.
6. A Night of Terror.

Haven't been around much lately. Between serving as a proofreader on a manuscript, Total War Rome II and life itself; things have been a little hectic.

marsattacks666

Return of the Planet of the Apes-1973/1974
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lunkenstein

Been going through NIGHT GALLERY on Hulu and DARK SHADOWS on Amazon Prime.  Love them both and they bring back great memories.
Paul

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Wicked Lester

That Roanoke imo is one of the better seasons.

Wicked Lester

Not Horror related but I picked up the Chicago Fire seasons 1-5. Killed off the 1st season in 2 1/2 days. Good show.