Started by Wicked Lester, February 24, 2013, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howler

The Three Stooges Volume 4 1943-1945
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Howler on July 21, 2013, 05:51:16 PM
The Three Stooges Volume 4 1943-1945

Love the Stooges.  I bought all of the shorts containing Curly.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: McDougals House of Horror on July 05, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
...Tommy Kirk, who played Joe Hardy, is appearing next week at the Hollywood Collector's Show so I'm really looking forward to talking "Hardy Boys" with him...

Did you get to meet Tommy Kirk?  How did it go?

I got the idea from his interview in the "Mystery of the Applegate Treasure" DVD extras that he remembers those years fondly and is quite proud of his work as a kid.  Not all child stars feel that way in later years.
ADAM

McDougals House of Horror

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 21, 2013, 06:58:24 PM
Did you get to meet Tommy Kirk?  How did it go?

I got the idea from his interview in the "Mystery of the Applegate Treasure" DVD extras that he remembers those years fondly and is quite proud of his work as a kid.  Not all child stars feel that way in later years.

Yep, and he did very fondly remember the show and his career. When I first asked him about it, his first comment was to compliment the writing; I told him I thought the acting was first rate for that type of "kids" show and that he and Tim Considine seemed like they really could have been brothers -- he was very complimentary toward Tim and the other cast members also. I asked him if he harbored any ill will toward Disney (he was fired by Walt himself when they found out he was gay), and he said he was past that. He's also kicked his drug & alcohol problems and is happily retired.
"Do you know what I've got in those crates?"

Count_Zirock

Watching Shout! Factory's The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume XXVII. It includes "The Deadly Mantis."
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

LP_Quagmire

Enjoying some Classic TREK in high-def. 
"From thy wedding with the creature who touches Heaven, lady God preserve thee..." -- Jeff Bridges in KING KONG

Howler

Mad Mad Mad Monsters
Jack O Lantern
Groovie Goolies
"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

marsattacks666

The Monster Squad
Planet of the Apes( season 1
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 07, 2013, 10:35:51 PM
Night Gallery

What do you think of the Night Gallery DVD's?

I have been reluctant to buy them because so many of the Amazon reviews seems so negative.  Many complaints about incomplete content and lousy transfers, etc.

I have been hoping that someone would upgrade the set the way they did the "Definitive" Twilight Zone DVD set.

ADAM

horrorhunter

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on August 07, 2013, 10:47:02 PM
What do you think of the Night Gallery DVD's?

I have been reluctant to buy them because so many of the Amazon reviews seems so negative.  Many complaints about incomplete content and lousy transfers, etc.

I have been hoping that someone would upgrade the set the way they did the "Definitive" Twilight Zone DVD set.
No problems yet. If I run into any I will let you know. BTW, I ordered those yellow Zoo-Pik spoons. Seller is really in the Fillipines, so I'm rolling the dice on this one. I won the auction for minimum bid, so I thought it worth the gamble. We'll see.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: horrorhunter on August 08, 2013, 02:01:04 AM
No problems yet. If I run into any I will let you know. BTW, I ordered those yellow Zoo-Pik spoons. Seller is really in the Fillipines, so I'm rolling the dice on this one. I won the auction for minimum bid, so I thought it worth the gamble. We'll see.

Cool.  You got a deal.  If you paid with PayPal, you don't stand to lose any money.
ADAM

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

horrorhunter

alternating between:

Hammer House Of Horror and Night Gallery

Shows like this seem to be a lost art. Maybe it has to do with that whole "quality" thing.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...