TV on DVD What are you watching now?

Started by Wicked Lester, February 24, 2013, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

I've been working my way through a lot of the BBC murder mystery programs.  Watched all of the Poirot series and really enjoyed the art deco sets, old buildings, classic cars and beautiful costumes.

Watched all of the Inspector Lynley Mysteries - not bad.

Now I am watching Midsomer Murders, a series that does 5, hour-and-a-half shows a season and is still going after 20 years.  I think this crowd would like these shows.

They have nice, spooky theme music and many of the murders involve haunted houses, haunted woods, witches, headless horsemen, UFO's, family curses, bodies found in Neolithic stone circles or crop circles, etc.  Lots of fun.  All the episodes are available free of charge on YouTube.  Search through the IMDb listings of episode titles and descriptions for the more interesting ones.

Recommended.
ADAM

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: segeorge on August 14, 2021, 05:02:45 AM
For Friday the 13th, I watched 3 episodes of Friday the 13th: the Series. The 8th episodes of each season (because August):
Shadow Boxer from Season 1, Read My Lips from Season 2, and Night Prey, from Season 3. A pretty strong triple feature.

And what better beer to go with Friday the 13th than Mispillion River's Not Today Satan (from Milford, Delaware).

Bad ass. I always liked that show. Back then we didnt have many horror options on tv, so i remember really appreciating that show at the time.

Lunkenstein

Paul

Lazarus

Little bit of Midnight Mass on Netflix before work today.  I like it so far, but it's all build still for me.  One of those 'Creaky old towns where everyone has dark stuff in their past and now SPOOKY THINGS' shows.

Lunkenstein

THE WAR OF THE WORLDS (2019) - BBC miniseries.  I wanted to like this and certain parts I did, but overall it was slow and unsatisfying.  The acting was decent, the war machines impressive and the martians were pretty cool.  It starts well and I thought the ending was ok, but there are too many time changes in between and not enough action. Also, too much time wasted on personal relationships and too few sci-fi speculations concerning the invaders. Worth a look, but the 1953 classic will always be my go-to version.
Paul

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Dexter, Dexter, Dexter, and more Dexter.

segeorge

Poltergeist: The Legacy. I'm about halfway through the 4th season.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on February 03, 2022, 12:31:34 AM
Dexter, Dexter, Dexter, and more Dexter.

Mord. What did you think of the ending?

Memphremagog

Doctor Who
Thriller
Dark Shadows
Creepshow
Night Gallery
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

Haunted hearse

I'm watching episodes of "Munsters Today", the reboot series from the late 1980s. I find I like the series, and I enjoy the character growth of Eddie, who was given almost nothing to do in "Munsters Revenge"(1980). This is my second favorite take on the Character of Eddie, after Butch Patrick's.

I'm enjoying Munster's Today, since I found the complete series on DVD. I like the character growth of Eddie here. Unfortunately in "Munsters Revenge", they did almost nothing with the character, and this is my second favorite take
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

geezer butler

Watched  recently

Night Gallery:
Pilot
The Deadman/The Housekeeper

Kolchak: The Night Stalker
The Ripper
The Zombie
They Have Been . . .
The Vampire
The Werewolf

Lunkenstein

I'm up to episode 870 of DARK SHADOWS.
Watched the first few episodes of my THRILLER box set.
Paul