Author Topic: Classic Collection Artwork!!  (Read 60063 times)

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Re: Classic Collection Artwork!!
« Reply #360 on: October 27, 2018, 11:16:07 PM »
They look terrorific!  :)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #361 on: October 28, 2018, 09:59:19 PM »
New Phantom update. Still kinda messing with this. Can't really get the colors where I want them but all around I think this is a semi improvement over my last few variations of this cover. This one's been a major pain.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:16:44 AM by crissrudd4554 »

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #362 on: October 30, 2018, 09:48:29 PM »
The Mad Ghoul DVD cover. Like Mummy's Hand and the updated Phantom, basically used the VHS cover for this one.

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #363 on: December 15, 2018, 12:54:55 AM »
Took another stab at Phantom. Of all the covers I've attempted thus far Phantom has to be the most difficult. Just a refresher here were the three earlier attempts.

And here's my current version. Not much changed from the last one. Framing and coloring's a bit better as my 'faking' the floor in the bottom left corner. A bit brighter as well.

You may note that the back cover has remain consistent over the four variations! ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:58:22 AM by crissrudd4554 »

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #364 on: January 12, 2019, 01:48:54 AM »
Since the textless Son of Frankenstein artwork I have lacks the reflection of Karloff’s Monster (I assume due to licensing), I decided to reinstate it using the VHS cover.

For comparison here’s the artwork that lacks the reflection.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:04:01 AM by crissrudd4554 »

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #365 on: January 12, 2019, 10:58:43 AM »
Doesn't look right without the face.
CREATURE FAN

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »
Doesn't look right without the face.

Yep looks awkward IMO. What I find interesting is Karloff’s reflection actually shows him forward instead of reversed. The scar on his head gives this away plus here’s the source photo.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2019, 01:52:08 PM »
What I find interesting is Karloff’s reflection actually shows him forward instead of reversed.

Maybe it's a reflection of him looking in a mirror.  ;D
CREATURE FAN

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2019, 02:59:55 PM »
Hehe who knows? 😉

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #369 on: January 16, 2019, 10:13:16 PM »
Just came in the mail today! 😁

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #370 on: January 16, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »
Those boxes would make cool t-shirts!
CREATURE FAN

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #371 on: February 09, 2019, 11:10:20 PM »
Been wanting to do this for a while now so here it is. All the Classic Collection promos in one video! :D Quality varies due to sources.

https://vimeo.com/288781897

If it's of any interest to anyone I recently went back and updated this. Three I had previously pulled from YouTube clips but two of them are now replaced with captures while on another one I fixed some audio sync issues. One promo still remains from a YouTube clip as of now however. Link is the same.

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #372 on: March 06, 2019, 10:04:40 AM »
Did this mostly for fun. Tried creating a textless Mummy’s Hand artwork using elements of The Mummy Collection LD set cover.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #373 on: May 26, 2019, 11:21:24 AM »
I've actually made a few VHS styled DVD covers for my own use. When I get time I'll share a few. :)

So...

Of the Universal Classics Collection VHS's (the ones with the distinctive grey header on the front), which ones have you made DVD artwork for - and which ones have you NOT done?

Just a simple list.

Also, did you ever do an upgrade of the Bride of Frankenstein cover?  That's the one that seems would benefit most from tweaking.  It's kinda dark and there is not a lot of separation between Bride and the background.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you think you could cobble together a "Classic Collection"-style cover for Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein?  It has always bothered me that this one was not included in the collection.  It features three of the original monsters (four, if you include the Invisible Man's cameo) and the original Dracula.  Of all the later comical horrors, it was the one that really SHOULD have been included.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:01:55 PM by Monsters For Sale »
ADAM

crissrudd4554

• Corporal
« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
First an update. I tweaked my Promo compilation again (probably the last). Promo 1 I recaptured mostly for quality purposes (though it’s not really much different than before) and Promo 7 has been replaced with a capture. All the ones I had previously pulled from YouTube videos are now replaced!

https://vimeo.com/288781897

Next to MFS’s questions. Sadly no I have not been able to update my Bride cover (though I would like too). I haven’t been able to find a larger scan of that LD cover (or even the LD itself so I could scan the cover myself) or better yet the textless cover art. Such a shame when the more popular titles have to have slightly weaker covers. But don’t worry the first chance I have to properly improve it I will! ;)

Ones I haven’t done yet I’m just kinda goin off the top of my head.

Spanish Dracula
The Monster and the Girl
Man Made Monster
Captive Wild Woman
House of Horrors

As for A&C covers a few years back I did make these VHS styled covers for both Meet Frankenstein and Meet the Mummy showing what they may have looked like in the Collection! :)