Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 06:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

FRANKENSTEIN - Candle - 4.5 in. - ZombifyStudios, Ireland - 2019

Saw this candle listed on Etsy.  It was about $9.00 plus $9.00 shipping.  They showed these 3 colors but stated that since they were made on demand, I could request other colors.

Here's what I received:

I think it is moderately cool.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Another little Etsy get is this fan-produced sculpture:

FRANKENSTEIN - In Coffin - Bas Relief Sculpture - 5 3/8 in x 2¾ in. x 1 3/8 in. - A

FRANKENSTEIN - In Coffin - Bas Relief Sculpture - 5 3/8 in x 2¾ in. x 1 3/8 in. - B

I've had it for some little while, so I don't remember what it cost.  I do remember that it was surprisingly inexpensive - because it was a factor in my decision to buy.

I think I should paint the coffin brown, to make the figure stand out a little more.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

This little guy was advertised as a "Cigarette Snuffer".  Probably not that odd in Universal Studios, Japan.  I think smoking is a lot more common in Asia.  If it were sold at the Hollywood studio, there would probably be protests.

It is not dated (at least in English) but the seller stated he bought it in Japan in 2015.

FRANKENSTEIN - Cigarette Snuffer - 2¼ in. - Universal Studios Japan - Park Exclusive - 2015

Do we have any members who can translate?

In spite of the seller's date, this sculpt is just like the Japan park exclusive Frankenstein Bobblehead that was sold in 2010.

I hope no one minds me taking up so much space with my posts.  I thought I would try to provide some closeup looks at some of the less common items I buy.  Auction photos tend to be small, few in number and even more out of focus than my efforts.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Saw these pewter biker rings on Etsy.  Decided I would splurge and drop $50 on the Frankenstein.

What I received:

FRANKENSTEIN - Ring - Pewter - Rotten Bones - Indonesia

ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 11, 2019, 10:36:15 PM
I hope no one minds me taking up so much space with my posts.

It's only "virtual" space. Take up all you want!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 11, 2019, 11:00:35 PM
Saw these pewter biker rings on Etsy.

What I received:

Are you disappointed? I can't tell.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 12, 2019, 01:16:08 AM
Are you disappointed? I can't tell.

I didn't mean it that way.

It's a nice ring.  It looks kinda rough in a huge blow-up.  But even a baby's skin looks like mountains if it is enlarged enough.
ADAM

Dr. Acula

Just picked up a couple of nifty monster items from eBay: a molded, metal King Kong poster and a couple of plastic Bride of Frankenstein "candy trays." When I was a kid, we had some of these plastic "candy trays" (with famous paintings like the Mona Lisa rather than monsters), but we always used them as coasters rather than candy dishes.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 29, 2019, 01:05:32 AM
and a couple of plastic Bride of Frankenstein "candy trays."

Those trays came out 3-4 yrs ago from a company called "world" something or other. Somebody with a better memory than mine will tell you.
CREATURE FAN

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 29, 2019, 01:53:30 AM
Those trays came out 3-4 yrs ago from a company called "world" something or other. Somebody with a better memory than mine will tell you.

"World Market" it says on the back.

fearliath

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 29, 2019, 03:45:26 AM
"World Market" it says on the back.

I bought an insane amount of Frankenstein and Bride stuff that year at World Market on clearance. It was almost free. Pillows, plates, platters (plastic & tin), mugs, paper napkins, coasters, bottled soda, bags and more.. I came home with it and my wife thought I'd lost my mind. I tried to explain. How could I not buy such amazing stuff at such an amazing price? I figure I'll throw a huge Frankenstein party or something some day...

geezer butler

Quote from: fearliath on May 29, 2019, 04:30:06 AM
I bought an insane amount of Frankenstein and Bride stuff that year at World Market on clearance. It was almost free. Pillows, plates, platters (plastic & tin), mugs, paper napkins, coasters, bottled soda, bags and more.. I came home with it and my wife thought I'd lost my mind. I tried to explain. How could I not buy such amazing stuff at such an amazing price? I figure I'll throw a huge Frankenstein party or something some day...

I did the same thing a couple of yrs ago. I have most of that stuff on display in the monster room. The tin platter is especially cool. I have the pillow too but it's covered in dog and cat hair these days  :-[

geezer butler

I actually bought this awhile ago but decided to open it

2019-05-30_10-41-35 by geezer2014, on Flickr

geezer butler

Picked this up at Walmart for like $13. Looks good with my other Ban Dai Toho figures.  :)

2019-05-30_10-42-01 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-05-30_10-41-49 by geezer2014, on Flickr

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."