Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 06:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bertges

Are these watches made by the same people who did the full figure Uni Monster flashlight keychains at that time?
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Jim Bertges on July 07, 2017, 07:02:56 PM
Are these watches made by the same people who did the full figure Uni Monster flashlight keychains at that time?

Both were made in 1995 and were on very similar cards.  But the Keychain Flashlights were made by "Basic Fun"  and the watches were made by "Nelsonic".
ADAM

Jim Bertges

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 07, 2017, 07:19:25 PM
Both were made in 1995 and were on very similar cards.  But the Keychain Flashlights were made by "Basic Fun"  and the watches were made by "Nelsonic".

Another example of "Great minds think alike"?
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

comixzombie

The boys around here call it "The Black Lagoon"; a paradise. Only they say nobody has ever come back to prove it.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: comixzombie on July 14, 2017, 03:06:45 AM
By some miracle I just managed to snag this Sideshow Dracula on eBay for less than $100. ... 

Congrats!

I remember that Dracula came at the end of the Sideshow figure run.  There was a strong fear among collectors that he wouldn't appear at all.

How much is a typical price for a sealed example today?
ADAM

comixzombie

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 14, 2017, 03:11:36 AM

Congrats!

I remember that Dracula came at the end of the Sideshow figure run.  There was a strong fear among collectors that he wouldn't appear at all.

How much is a typical price for a sealed example today?

Every buy it now option I've seen has been from $150 to $100. But you can get them from around $60 to $70 in an auction if you're lucky.
The boys around here call it "The Black Lagoon"; a paradise. Only they say nobody has ever come back to prove it.

the_horror_man

Quote from: comixzombie on July 14, 2017, 03:06:45 AM
By some miracle I just managed to snag this Sideshow Dracula on eBay for less than $100.

I made one bid. In the last 10 seconds. And beat the top bid by $1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Studios-Monsters-Dracula-Figure-by-Sideshow-Toys-/253032239304?hash=item3ae9e590c8%3Ag%3AEacAAOSw8GtZXtYT&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=%252BG%252FLGr136iW1BNk9hg6ziaEzmY4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Nice score. I think the best Bela Dracula figure is the Sideshow Silver screen 12 inch version. Prices can get pretty high. However, about 1 1/2 years ago,  I scored a new in box one for I think around $140.

thm

SpeedierThantheGrave

This last weekend my vintage monster arcade game lust was satiated at the Replay Amusement Museum (http://www.replaymuseum.org/) in Tarpon Springs, just north of Tampa Bay in Florida.  If you're anywhere nearby, I can't recommend this place enough - all vintage arcade games, pinball and the big cabinets, with everything on Free Play.  And for example, on Saturday, they're open from 11am to 11pm, and $13 covers you FOR THE WHOLE DAY. You get a wrist band, and you're free to come and go throughout the day.  I'm thrilled that such a treasure is right down the road.

Check their website for a list of what games they have if you're at all curious. (There were at least 4 antique shops on the same block, to help sway the wives and girlfriends.  Heck, I'll check those next time, too!)

Of course, I spent some quality time with the Creature pinball, and Dracula was right next to it.  The Attack from Mars was very fun too.  But the decided winner for me was the Haunted House pinball, with it's awesome Beistle graphics, 3 tiered playfield, and 4 flipper butttons.

On the Attack from Mars, the 4 little jiggler martians vibrated violenty as they attacked. Loved it.  And it's really neat how the topper on the Addams Family is a continuation of the translite artwork.

The winner of the day, in my book:

Detail of the attic art:

And the reversed basement:

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

Count Zero

this place is one of my favorite haunts.
next time you are there check out medieval madness - its my favorite.
looking for vhs recordings of tnt's monstervision with joe bob briggs

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Count Zero on July 17, 2017, 02:31:52 PM
this place is one of my favorite haunts.
next time you are there check out medieval madness - its my favorite.

I shall trust your recommendation, good sir!

marsattacks666

Awesome photos, SpeedierThantheGrave
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

SpeedierThantheGrave

SpeedierThantheGrave

Amazon currently has these Ghostbusters "Mayhem" figures as $3.74 add-on items. (I paid $3.95 for mine the other day... >:( )  They come in the original sealed (damaged) packaging.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B7OX80Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1  But I'll pay $4 for a cool lil light up demon any day.  If you're ordering some other stuff, why not??

the_last_gunslinger

Mezco 18 inch Annabelle doll. She's even cooler in person.

Also The Evil Dead 2 Soundtrack on Vinyl:

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

1/6thtoyz

Had to post this here. This Auction just ended, some person just got this rare Batman vintage piece.