Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 06:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 23, 2015, 02:15:14 AM
Where do you get these?

There's a local artist that does limited runs of each.
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

Mike Scott

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on September 23, 2015, 04:32:27 AM
There's a local artist that does limited runs of each.

Thanks Speedy!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wicked Lester

Off Ebay I picked up this Russ Cochran EC Weird Science set at a pretty reasonable price. Lifted this pic off the net but mine is in pretty much same condition. Hours of cool reading ahead.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Wicked Lester on September 26, 2015, 05:27:40 PM
Off Ebay I picked up this Russ Cochran EC Weird Science set at a pretty reasonable price.
Congrats!

Man, those slipcased sets are nice. I bought the Tales From The Crypt, Vault Of Horror, and Haunt Of Fear sets back in the day and I still enjoy the heck out of 'em.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Anton Phibes

those were my first exposure to the EC horror titles as well. But i hate that they are black and white,lol.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 26, 2015, 10:22:44 PM
those were my first exposure to the EC horror titles as well. But i hate that they are black and white,lol.
I grew up reading B&W monster mags so I have no problem with them. Of course, I bought the color comics reprints too, but I still love the slipcased sets.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 26, 2015, 10:22:44 PM

But they are CRISP B/W and HC. I have several volumes of the Dark Horse Creepy reprints and though the paper is different they are still high quality. I also own several EC reprint color annual volumes from Gemstone as wells as the EC artist series. Can't have too many EC books. Still after the EC library Saddle Justine /Western Gunfighter set which is HTF. I could have bought it outright at $189.99 but decided to try a minimal bid of $150. Ended up getting smoked and losing it at around $215. DOH!

SpeedierThantheGrave

Our set of Saint Monsters, Munsters, and Rat Fink prayer candles came today.  Pretty dang cool! They're available from GreaserCreatures on Etsy.

horrorhunter

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on September 27, 2015, 03:24:32 AM
Our set of Saint Monsters, Munsters, and Rat Fink prayer candles came today.  Pretty dang cool! They're available from GreaserCreatures on Etsy.
Those are heavenly, bro.  :angel:

Seeing that Creech made me have a religious experience... or it could have been those Shipyard Pumpinheads I downed earlier *burp*.  :P
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 27, 2015, 03:57:42 AM
Those are heavenly, bro.  :angel: Seeing that Creech made me have a religious experience... or it could have been those Shipyard Pumpinheads I downed earlier *burp*.  :P

Drinking like a Fish-man, eh?
Yayyy for puns! Or wordplay, I don't care which... 

The Rat Fink is pretty special to me and needs a niche on the inside of the lid to my tool chest, something like "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration"

marsattacks666

Quote from: Wicked Lester on September 26, 2015, 05:27:40 PM
Off Ebay I picked up this Russ Cochran EC Weird Science set at a pretty reasonable price. Lifted this pic off the net but mine is in pretty much same condition. Hours of cool reading ahead.

Extremely cool

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

monsterloco

Got a richard corben creepy and some monster cans using them for paintball

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SpeedierThantheGrave

These cool Monster Candy Box poster prints came in the mail today.  They're a good size at 8.5"x22" (guitar for scale).  Hand printed on heavy cardstock.  I really dig that they went to the trouble of finding matching photos of the line drawings on the actual boxes. 
This seller always has neato stuff: http://stores.ebay.com/moongoon253?_trksid=p2056016.l2563

Real boxes for easy reference:  Zombie Grin

Mike Scott

There was no Bride box (except for one that Terry and I made).

I think I would have liked the original art better.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

SpeedierThantheGrave

Yeah I knew there was no real Bride box.

The original minimalist artwork is cool too. It's the thought that counts!