Author Topic: Latest Gets?  (Read 341993 times)

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
Re: Latest Gets?
« Reply #930 on: August 11, 2015, 07:20:01 PM »
Just won this on EBay.  A piece of Wolfmans fur from Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein memorabilia card.  From the collection of Emile Lavigne who was on Westmores' makeup staff.  It will come with a COA.  I thought it was a rare find. I am watching my mailbox like a hawk!

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!  :o Congrats!!

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
  • My blood now flows through her veins!
« Reply #931 on: August 12, 2015, 03:36:10 AM »

It's too bad they got the date of the film wrong on that display card, though. A&CMF was released in 1948.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:39:51 AM by Count_Zirock »
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Universal Steve

• Sergeant
  • There are far worse things awaiting man than death
    • Universal Steve
« Reply #932 on: August 12, 2015, 11:30:13 AM »
It's too bad they got the date of the film wrong on that display card, though. A&CMF was released in 1948.

I noticed that too.  It was all about having a piece of Wolfman history for me.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
  • My blood now flows through her veins!
« Reply #933 on: August 12, 2015, 12:35:05 PM »
I noticed that too.  It was all about having a piece of Wolfman history for me.
Oh, I quite understand that. Definitely a cool item. Imagine if someone had saved all the neck electrodes used on Glenn Strange? A far more limited item, of course, but it still would have been awesome. I just can't imagine going through the process of making up these cards and not checking your facts. Unless they did, and a.) their source got it wrong, or b.) it was a printer's error.

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #934 on: August 12, 2015, 12:50:08 PM »
I have one of those Wolfman hair cards, and never noticed the typo til you fellas pointed it out. ???
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #935 on: August 12, 2015, 01:28:19 PM »
I just can't imagine going through the process of making up these cards and not checking your facts. Unless they did, and a.) their source got it wrong, or b.) it was a printer's error.

Or c.) It was made in France. (The movie was released in 1949 in France.)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #936 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:39 PM »
Picked up these three Mold-A-Rama Halloween Heads off eBay pretty cheap. I love blowmold Halloween stuff.

These came from Mold-A-Rama machines at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago around Halloween 2013. Beware some sellers on evilBay trying to pass these off as '60s items and asking way too much for them.

cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #937 on: August 13, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »
 Love the Mold-A-Rama stuff myself. I love the smell when they're being made (brings back childhood memories).

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
« Reply #938 on: August 13, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
Picked up these three Mold-A-Rama Halloween Heads off eBay pretty cheap. I love blowmold Halloween stuff.

These came from Mold-A-Rama machines at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago around Halloween 2013. Beware some sellers on evilBay trying to pass these off as '60s items and asking way too much for them.

cl:)

I remember getting a full figure Frankenstein at Universal Studios when I was a kid from one of these. So cool to watch them work and you got a cool toy afterwards. Great memory.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #939 on: August 13, 2015, 01:53:32 PM »
 Glenn, that brings back so many memories. My dad worked at a huge Sears when I was a kid. They had one of these machines in the basement floor. The characters would change every week and I would be there with my quarter. I didn't care if I liked the piece, I just wanted to see the machine at work. I felt like Dr. Frankenstein pulling "the lever", haha.

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
« Reply #940 on: August 13, 2015, 01:58:05 PM »
Glenn, that brings back so many memories. My dad worked at a huge Sears when I was a kid. They had one of these machines in the basement floor. The characters would change every week and I would be there with my quarter. I didn't care if I liked the piece, I just wanted to see the machine at work. I felt like Dr. Frankenstein pulling "the lever", haha.

So true. Do these things even exist anymore? A shame if they don't. I think kids today would still enjoy them.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #941 on: August 13, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »
So true. Do these things even exist anymore? A shame if they don't. I think kids today would still enjoy them.
I've heard members here say that they pop up from time to time. Horror Hunter's pieces are from 2013, so they're recent enough. I would love to see one at Universal Studios. If they had one that made a cool Creature, it would be worth the price of admission.

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #942 on: August 13, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »
Mold-A-Rama---wow that's really cool. I have to admit I don't remember these. I would have been all over that machine when I was a kid. We drove up to Universal back in 1980 I guess, but I was like 5 yrs old. I don't remember seeing that, or seeing it anywhere else. Too bad.

I see you can buy the machines from online vendors. If I had a mansion with a proper monster room, I'd had that to the collection for sure.

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #943 on: August 13, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
Just did a quick search and Mold-A-Rama machines were all over the place: zoos, museums, Disney world, etc. Can't believe I don't remember these.

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
« Reply #944 on: August 13, 2015, 02:25:56 PM »
Just did a quick search and Mold-A-Rama machines were all over the place: zoos, museums, Disney world, etc. Can't believe I don't remember these.

These were all over the place. I got a molded dolphin and a sea horse from one of these at Sea World as well. Great fun.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:30:17 PM by Gory Glenn »