Author Topic: Latest Gets?  (Read 312774 times)

Dr Wolfenstein

• Sergeant
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time!
Re: Latest Gets?
« Reply #645 on: April 06, 2015, 01:53:19 AM »
 I got this from a store called Spotlight.It is a chain store here in Australia.

Maybe I could make a pair of pyjamas? :laugh:

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #646 on: April 06, 2015, 05:06:55 PM »
I received these from Distinctive Dummies today.

Anyone on the fence about getting them, as I was, should do so. They look really great in person. And, really, you gotta ask yourself, "just how many good Hammer and Amicus figures are there?" Not many. I plan to get the Hammer Phantom and Duc De Richleau when I can afford them. I sure wish I would have grabbed one of those 1/6th scale Christopher Lee Draculas with the extra body when DD sold them new. Hopefully Martin will do another 1/6th Chris Drac from another film at some point. I'm sure he would sell through, probably the day of release.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Dr Wolfenstein

• Sergeant
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time!
« Reply #647 on: April 06, 2015, 05:23:06 PM »
My Arthur Grimsdyke arrived last week and I agree it does look great in person.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #648 on: April 06, 2015, 05:42:05 PM »
I received these from Distinctive Dummies today.

Anyone on the fence about getting them, as I was, should do so. They look really great in person. And, really, you gotta ask yourself, "just how many good Hammer and Amicus figures are there?" Not many. I plan to get the Hammer Phantom and Duc De Richleau when I can afford them. I sure wish I would have grabbed one of those 1/6th scale Christopher Lee Draculas with the extra body when DD sold them new. Hopefully Martin will do another 1/6th Chris Drac from another film at some point. I'm sure he would sell through, probably the day of release.

I have been on the fence for awhile about ordering the Grimsdyke figure. It looks really good in the pic you posted. I just ordered. ;D

thm
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:48:56 PM by the_horror_man »

1/6thtoyz

• Sergeant
« Reply #649 on: April 06, 2015, 05:59:55 PM »
I still want to get phantom of opera & reptile but hard to keep up financially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk lium

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
  • My blood now flows through her veins!
« Reply #650 on: April 06, 2015, 06:50:01 PM »

It looks like Fred Rogers was a werewolf!
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #651 on: April 06, 2015, 07:29:38 PM »

Won't . . . you be . . . my victim!
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

SpeedierThantheGrave

• Corporal
  • It's Monster Surfing Time!
« Reply #652 on: April 07, 2015, 01:11:20 AM »
"Drac's Shack" tiki mug came the other day! (Cocktail umbrella for scale)  Pictures don't reveal how freaking cool this thing is! And, it goes great with the "Pickman's Cove" Cthulhu swizzle sticks I got for Christmas.  As a bonus, like the label says, there's a "Free Shruken Head In Every Box" - I got Obama!  :laugh:

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

SpeedierThantheGrave

• Corporal
  • It's Monster Surfing Time!
« Reply #653 on: April 07, 2015, 01:28:44 AM »

"It's a great day on the Moor-borhood?"
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #654 on: April 09, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »
Cool stuff, ya all. ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
« Reply #655 on: April 09, 2015, 11:16:25 AM »
I have been on the fence for awhile about ordering the Grimsdyke figure. It looks really good in the pic you posted. I just ordered. ;D

thm

I think you landed on the right side of the fence.  :) That Grimsdyke figure is awesome. My favorite story from "Tales from the Crypt". I've never purchased a custom figure before. What do they generally cost if you don't mind me asking.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #656 on: April 09, 2015, 01:45:45 PM »
I think you landed on the right side of the fence.  :) That Grimsdyke figure is awesome. My favorite story from "Tales from the Crypt". I've never purchased a custom figure before. What do they generally cost if you don't mind me asking.

Customs vary greatly in price. There are many factors that price is derived from. The character, artist, size, rarity and how many were made are all factors. Average prices for 1/6 horror figures are usually in between $110 - $300. However, ones from high end, big name artists range from $500 - $800.

thm

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #657 on: April 09, 2015, 01:46:30 PM »
 Glenn, those are $105 (free shipping) and can be bought directly on the Distinctive Dummies site. Those are licensed & allowed to be sold freely.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #658 on: April 09, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »
Glenn, those are $105 (free shipping) and can be bought directly on the Distinctive Dummies site. Those are licensed & allowed to be sold freely.

I wasn't sure if Glenn was asking about customs in general, but he probably meant DD now that I read it again.

thm

Gory Glenn

• Sergeant
  • They're dead...they're all messed up.
« Reply #659 on: April 09, 2015, 04:09:46 PM »

I wasn't sure if Glenn was asking about customs in general, but he probably meant DD now that I read it again.

thm

Thanks guys. Yes, I was referring to the Distinctive Dummies figures.