Author Topic: Latest Gets?  (Read 312783 times)

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: Latest Gets?
« Reply #615 on: March 27, 2015, 11:26:01 PM »
 Is that Hammer symbol new to that packaging? I don't remember Hammer ever having a symbol. I still prefer a lobby card or colorized still myself. I display mine with the lid wide open to showcase the figure. We can at least agree on it being a fantastic figure, right?

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #616 on: March 28, 2015, 12:10:45 AM »
Is that Hammer symbol new to that packaging? I don't remember Hammer ever having a symbol. I still prefer a lobby card or colorized still myself. I display mine with the lid wide open to showcase the figure. We can at least agree on it being a fantastic figure, right?

Yes, I think it's a truly great figure and a very good Christopher Lee Dracula likeness right down to the red eyes. The hands even have detailed veins and the ring.  8)

Regarding the Hammer symbol on the box: that symbol is used on the newest Hammer trading card sets from Strictly Ink (2008/2010). Here's another pic of my Hammer binder I posted previously in the Monster Trading Cards thread that currently houses all of my Hammer trading cards.

BTW, I kept at it and finally got all of the autograph cards for the 2010 set, and all of the autograph cards for the 2008 set except for David Prowse. I'll probably post those in the Monster Trading Cards thread at some point. I really love Hammer and I'm excited about the Hammer Mego Style Set 2 from DD. Meinster down and three to go.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #617 on: March 28, 2015, 01:43:47 AM »
 Congrats on those rare Hammer cards. Now, that's dedication. Would still love to own those.

1/6thtoyz

• Sergeant
« Reply #618 on: March 28, 2015, 05:40:27 AM »

Congrats on those rare Hammer cards. Now, that's dedication. Would still love to own those.
I Agree I would love to own these too. I have only a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk lium

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #619 on: March 28, 2015, 01:54:23 PM »

I Agree I would love to own these too. I have only a few

Thanks, guys. I posted these in the Monster Trading Cards thread at this link and the post below it: http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=26275.msg448190#msg448190
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

SpeedierThantheGrave

• Corporal
  • It's Monster Surfing Time!
« Reply #620 on: March 30, 2015, 10:18:46 PM »
While home on spring break I hit up my local comic/collectibles shop and found these Mattel Haunted Haulers from 1997 MIB of $10 each! There's the "Ghoul Bus", "Neck Wrecker", and "Drac Bike."I found them in a back room amongst a bunch of Bettie Page stuff, I don't know how I've missed them before.  Anything with monsters and hot rods always gets me and these guys are no exception.  Powered by two rubber bands (included!) one pulls back on the launcher, loads in the vehicle, and presses the tombstone to let 'em rip!  I found it interesting that on the box with the contents it lists only 1 skeleton minion, but they each came with 2. So, either it was a typo, or a marketing ploy to make every kid feel like a winner (I know I did...)  The details are really funny and neat, like bone drive shafts and cobweb control arms on the undercarriage, a skull pile in the wrecker bed, vanity plates, and taglines on the tombstones: "R.R.R.: Readin', Writin', and Racin'" and "RIP: Rust in Pieces." Too cool!

I also got the DST banks of Metaluna, the colored Creature, and BW Bride. At $25 each, I'd rather support a great small business than buy online.
This shop and his cohort across mainstreet also sell local artist prints, and I got this Creature's Prey for $20, signed by the artist, George Frei.

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

Dr Wolfenstein

• Sergeant
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time!
« Reply #621 on: March 31, 2015, 06:13:49 PM »
Finally picked up a set of b&w Yanoman Universal Monster figures off ebay.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #622 on: March 31, 2015, 06:16:40 PM »

Those are so beautiful. I've always wanted a set. Do you mind me asking how much they set you back?

Dr Wolfenstein

• Sergeant
  • It seemed like a good idea at the time!
« Reply #623 on: March 31, 2015, 06:25:29 PM »
I paid US$41.40 + US$13 shipping from Japan.The seller also had the colour version as well.They are a lot better, cooler and cheaper than the Funko Reaction figures.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #624 on: March 31, 2015, 06:31:25 PM »
I'd like them more if they were 8" tall instead of 2".   ;)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

1/6thtoyz

• Sergeant
« Reply #625 on: March 31, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »
Good price. I have a set and love these little guys

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #626 on: March 31, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »
I paid US$41.40 + US$13 shipping from Japan.The seller also had the colour version as well.They are a lot better, cooler and cheaper than the Funko Reaction figures.
Great price!!! This aren't even in the same universe as those Reaction figures. These are like mini Sideshows. Did he have a complete color set? I might be interested in that.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #627 on: March 31, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »
I'd like them more if they were 8" tall instead of 2".   ;)
These are actually over three and a quarter inches, I believe.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #628 on: March 31, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »
These are actually over three and a quarter inches, I believe.

I shoulda measured.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #629 on: March 31, 2015, 08:05:49 PM »
Now those look great! Very nice sculpts. Congrats, Doc W!
ALWAYS MONSTERING...