Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearliath

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 01, 2019, 11:34:57 PM
There will always be figures of shapely women in bathing suits.

When has Nestor Paiva been modeled for some monster movie?  (Besides, can't have the boat without the Captain.)

I've considered this a great deal. I've even got the Rita playset mapped out in my head down to the last detail. It's 3.75" scale (and a playset) so it can't be 100% screen accurate with all possible accessories. But it should have a Creature cage on the deck, a winch, a net, a porthole that can open and close, a lower galley area that has a bunk bed (porthole above the bed) and some other small nick nacks (one of which is a fossil Creature hand).

If someone made the Rita in 3.75" scale who would be the exclusive figure? I think it has to be Kay. I think you could fashion a Lucas out of a pirate figure of some sort. I think the Super 7 POTA Taylor could be repurposed into a David Reed or Mark Williams figure. I just don't see it ever happening. But I also didn't ever see a 3.75" Mole People or Mask of the Red Death figure happening so who knows.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: fearliath on July 01, 2019, 11:52:17 PM
1.  I've considered this a great deal. I've even got the Rita playset mapped out in my head down to the last detail. It's 3.75" scale (and a playset) so it can't be 100% screen accurate with all possible accessories. But it should have a Creature cage on the deck, a winch, a net, a porthole that can open and close, a lower galley area that has a bunk bed (porthole above the bed) and some other small nick nacks (one of which is a fossil Creature hand).

2.  If someone made the Rita in 3.75" scale who would be the exclusive figure? I think it has to be Kay. I think you could fashion a Lucas out of a pirate figure of some sort. ... 

Like all your choices except the Limited Edition figure (only available with the play set.)  It would be a lot easier re-purpose another female figure.

Anyhow, I was thinking in terms of separately-sold sets of 2 figures each - with everyone BUT Lucas.

ADAM

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Mord on July 01, 2019, 10:54:41 PM
Beautiful! How much ( if you don't mind me asking).
$135 shipped

Mike Scott

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on July 02, 2019, 04:56:56 AM
$135 shipped

Do you know what the retail price on those was?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 02, 2019, 10:28:54 AM
Do you know what the retail price on those was?

$25-29.99 when issued.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 02, 2019, 11:28:50 AM
$25-29.99 when issued.

If you could get a Rita that cheap, you could cut a jagged hole in the side and sink it at the bottom of a fish tank with tiny fish and a model of the Creature.

Very cool.

(I'd like to have one.)
ADAM

Mike Scott

Bought these on eBay today. Does anybody know what year they came out? (No date on back.) Probably late '80s, or '90s?

CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 02, 2019, 09:15:23 PM
Bought these on eBay today. Does anybody know what year they came out? (No date on back.) Probably late '80s, or '90s?

No. But RAD, tattoo. Maybe 1990s, judging by the Universal logo.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 02, 2019, 10:37:06 PM
But RAD, tattoo. Maybe 1990s, judging by the Universal logo.

It's definitely from when the word "rad" was popular.  ;D
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 02, 2019, 10:40:31 PM
It's definitely from when the word "rad" was popular.  ;D

That is an 80s colloquialism.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 02, 2019, 09:15:23 PM

'91 - '92.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

geezer butler

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on July 01, 2019, 09:10:35 PM
Been try to get this for for a while at a good price. Finally on Facebook marketplace I found one❤️

Man I want that set!! Congrats. That's so awesome.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666