Author Topic: Latest Gets?  (Read 341911 times)

Therin of Andor

• Corporal
  • Monsters are universal
    • Have Phaser, Will Travel
Re: Latest Gets?
« Reply #1470 on: January 23, 2016, 08:28:30 PM »
Works a little better with red on the right eye, but it's still hard to see any depth.

The cards weren't sold with 3D glasses, so the company was probably going for funky look rather than accurate 3D.
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian

The Batman

• Sergeant
« Reply #1471 on: January 26, 2016, 09:39:51 PM »
'Gotta photo of an old rare Halloween skeleton tonight. 'Just one toe missing. 'Appears to be made of thin metal. I did not touch it to verify what it is made of. Isn't it grand to live in a neighborhood where nobody takes each other's Halloween stuff? Even when the guy is almost trying to irritate folks with how long his display remains lit. His backyard is also lit up every night, but it's a tall fence to block seeing everything. This is a neighbor who STILL has his Halloween decorations up and this photo was taken JAN 26, 2016. Each year I find a house in my neighborhood that has kept the Halloween torch burning and take a photo.
Perhaps The Batman should visit this neighbor early one evening and give him some kind of prize.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #1472 on: January 26, 2016, 09:59:22 PM »
'Gotta photo of an old rare Halloween skeleton tonight. 'Just one toe missing. 'Appears to be made of thin metal. I did not touch it to verify what it is made of. Isn't it grand to live in a neighborhood where nobody takes each other's Halloween stuff? Even when the guy is almost trying to irritate folks with how long his display remains lit. His backyard is also lit up every night, but it's a tall fence to block seeing everything. This is a neighbor who STILL has his Halloween decorations up and this photo was taken JAN 26, 2016. ...

Maybe he just has unusual taste in Christmas decorations.
ADAM

The Batman

• Sergeant
« Reply #1473 on: January 26, 2016, 11:54:52 PM »
Maybe he just has unusual taste in Christmas decorations.

HAA GOOD one!    Cool taste...   For Halloween he decorated his entire backyard and the backyard gate that is shown in that photo I took. During Christmas the front porch and front lawn and front door were coated with Christmas lights and stuff. Meanwhile the backyard kept Halloween going from
a week before 10/31 until today 1/26 and I will watch to see how many more days he keeps his Halloween stuff out. He is someone I need to meet, indeed.     CHEERS everyone.

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
  • My blood now flows through her veins!
« Reply #1474 on: January 27, 2016, 08:24:53 PM »
After almost three months, I finally got a replacement for my 5.5" Twelfth Doctor action figure. (The original figure I received had some warping where the right arm bicep attaches to the upper arm.) Anyway, I was finally able to take some nice photos of him. Background is one of Entertainment Earth's exclusive Action Stage dioramas, #15 "Space Sucks!"

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Lazarus

• Sergeant
  • Monster Kid Forever
« Reply #1475 on: January 27, 2016, 11:50:00 PM »
I can't decide if I'm happy with the new 5" figures.  I'm happy they're doing them again, and the likeness on them is surprisingly excellent, but the doctor looks the worst out of all of them, and what episode is this outfit from? 

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
« Reply #1476 on: January 28, 2016, 04:07:29 AM »
It's his basic outfit, minus the matching vest. I don't know why they didn't do the vest on the 5.5" scale, but did it for the 3.75" figure. What's really weird is that the upcoming 3.75" purple-shirted 12th Doctor has had the vest removed.

John Pertwee

• Sergeant
  • Exiled Time Lord
« Reply #1477 on: January 28, 2016, 06:37:46 AM »
I like the black shirted version better, and the Purple Missy figure is incredible.

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
« Reply #1478 on: January 28, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »

I like the black shirted version better, and the Purple Missy figure is incredible.

I think the black-shirted version is 5.5" scale only.
To the best of my knowledge, the only other upcoming 3.75" Twelfth Doctor figure is the space-suited one from "Kill the Moon" (Series 8).
There will also be a polka dot-shirted Twelfth Doctor variant figure.

Lazarus

• Sergeant
  • Monster Kid Forever
« Reply #1479 on: January 28, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »
I'm not thrilled with the doctors.  They're just painting the one outfit into facsimiles of others he's actually worn.  The polka dot shirt is supposed to be his moth eaten sweater that he wears under his hooded jacket.  I do hope we get the space suit version in 5".  Hopefully with a helmet.  I'm also hoping for the newer cybermen, strax, Jenny, vastra, and more.  The last few seasons are full of characters that would lend themselves well to toys.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:11:09 AM by Lazarus »

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
« Reply #1480 on: January 28, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »
I'd really like to see the 3.75" line expanded to include other Doctors, especially the War Doctor and Ninth Doctor. Also would love to see a 3.75" Davros that could be removed from his life support chair.

Yeah, the "polka dot" shirt didn't even have a collar. I think it was an old T-shirt he wore over a white undershirt. It would be nice if they did the proper hoodie-under-the-coat sculpt. Either in 3.75" or 5.5". They could do a 3.75" "The Magician's Apprentice" two-pack with Davros and Twelve in the hoodie, checkered pants, and sonic sunglasses!

1/6thtoyz

• Sergeant
« Reply #1481 on: January 28, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »
Latest addition.

Zombie is not too happy

Count_Zirock

• Sergeant
« Reply #1482 on: January 28, 2016, 07:00:26 PM »
Think how unhappy he'd have been with a headshot!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #1483 on: January 28, 2016, 08:09:21 PM »
 Both are awesome! Did you make that Daryl Dixon?

1/6thtoyz

• Sergeant
« Reply #1484 on: January 28, 2016, 08:12:32 PM »

Both are awesome! Did you make that Daryl Dixon?
He sells on EBay without a body. He costs all together about $130.00.