Colorized Images

Started by jerod, January 30, 2013, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerod

jerod

Joseph_Baeza

Unfortunately, I've still yet to see ONE good colorized version of a horror or sci fi classic!  Closest thing we've got is Harryhausen's 50's sci-fi collection, but they all still look pretty unnatural and dull as far as the colors go.  Nice posted pics though, Jerod!

jerod

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on March 28, 2013, 04:55:04 AM
Unfortunately, I've still yet to see ONE good colorized version of a horror or sci fi classic!  Closest thing we've got is Harryhausen's 50's sci-fi collection, but they all still look pretty unnatural and dull as far as the colors go.  Nice posted pics though, Jerod!

Joseph- Thanks. You might want to check this out. I found it on a thread by Shonokin on another site.
I watched the first several chapters and enjoyed the green aliens:

Zombies of the Stratosphere (Color) 1952 Rus sub

or here's the actual thread:

http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum.yuku.com/topic/41882/Republic-Colorized#.UVTSx50o5QI
jerod

jerod

Paul from Alligator People. Had fun playing around with the green  and decided to post them all:

jerod

Scatter

Jerod, you're the Master at this!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Zackuth

I didn't know what to expect when I saw the post, but these are fantastic!!!  It really looks as though you are posting publicity photos taken when the actor was in full make up.
"Listen to them; the children of the night.  What music they make!"  Dracula

jerod

Quote from: Scatter on April 14, 2013, 12:34:56 PM
Jerod, you're the Master at this!!

Quote from: Zackuth on April 14, 2013, 01:07:44 PM
I didn't know what to expect when I saw the post, but these are fantastic!!!  It really looks as though you are posting publicity photos taken when the actor was in full make up.

Thanks for the kind words guys, but do a web search and you'll see I'm far from the "Master". It is enjoyable (and challenging) to make these and glad most like them.

I don't have any in the works, so I'll open it up to requests. Keep in mind it helps having a high resolution image to start with. Perhaps leave a suggestion and if I can find an appropriate base image I'll work something up.
jerod

Paladin

"Traveler of both time and space..."

jerod

jerod

Scatter

Say hello to my new desktop background!!  :D
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

smoke king

Quote from: jerod on April 14, 2013, 12:28:23 PM
Paul from Alligator People. Had fun playing around with the green  and decided to post them all:

The top left one is the best one I assume.

charp13

jerod- You are so creative! This is so cool to behold!  I love these little art presentations- especially seeing our beloved Alligator People movie heart-throb all green-ed up! He looks fantastic!

Monsters For Sale

I copied this off of the Internet.  I forget where or when.

ADAM

jerod

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 10, 2013, 04:10:17 AM
I copied this off of the Internet.  I forget where or when.

Whomever made that did an awesome job; too bad they can't get proper credit. An image like that sets the bar pretty high.
jerod

jerod

Couple recent ones I've done:

jerod