Re Doing the Wolfmans Closet

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhwolfman

I am cleaning out and redoing my Monster Walk in Closet. The reason I am posting here, this is where all my Movie paper, That i bought this year is. As I find stuff, I will be posting pictures. Oh I am sure I will find a box or two of Monster toys I forgot about too. Stay tuned.   ;D

typhooforme

Howard, I sure do look forward to seeing your paper treasures, skeletons, monsters--whatever you find in that closet!  In fact, I think I'll say "Show us your ephemera!"  I paid $4.95 for that word, and by gorry I'm gonna use it!  lol 
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

hhwolfman

Quote from: hhwolfman on December 09, 2007, 04:00:35 PM
I am cleaning out and redoing my Monster Walk in Closet. The reason I am posting here, this is where all my Movie paper, That i bought this year is. As I find stuff, I will be posting pictures. Oh I am sure I will find a box or two of Monster toys I forgot about too. Stay tuned.   ;D

Good god Man. I just went to get something to eat. What a Mess. I am about 90 percent through. Don't you hate when you start something and you have to do 10 things to get to do what you originally wanted to do. I thought I would be done around three. Yeah right. Any who I promised pictures. Here are a few surprises. HHW

I wonder where these went.  Creature HC Crestwood House  and 5 soft backs. The wolfman Has Henry Hull on the cover but is the Lon Chaney Wolfman Story Inside first (With pictures) and the Werewolf of London 2nd (With Pictures)

Creature from the Black Lagoon Lobby and a set of Target Lobbies

The Werewolf Insert.

hhwolfman

Here are a few more goodies.

THing that couldn't die. Insert

Spook Shows anyone
I got this one from a bud in Austin Texas. The only one I have ever seen.  Circa 1950's

I got this for Christmas 2 years ago.

cryptchick

And what Goodies they are!!!!  I'm totally envious.  Thanks so much for sharing the contents of your closet.  I checked my closet out and all I found were dust bunnies - pretty scary but nowhere as wonderful as your finds.
Jill     
What if doin' the hokey-pokey IS what it's all about!

The Phantom Creep

That MUMMY ONSTAGE card is sweet. There are more in the set including one with an ape. I knew a guy who sold repros of these but I haven't seen him in quite awhile.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

poseablemonster

I agree, the Mummy card is very cool.  I would think that sort of stuff would be easy to reproduce these days...I'd love to find some of this spookshow stuff, but I'm always worried that I would get stuck with a fake.  On some stuff, I don't really mind repro IF I'm paying for repro, but I'd hate to pay original and get repro.

typhooforme

Howard, Thanks very much!  Those are great pics of GREAT STUFF!   Of course i love those Karloff lobbies--the BLACK SABBATH and the TARGETS set.  Wow!  But those spook show placards--Great Snakes!  Very very cool rarities.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

gracebuster

HOWARD, It's about time you came out of the closet....

...to show us all of this great stuff.

NekroDave

I love both those inserts. The dripping serum drops on the Werewolf one are a neat way to accentuate the length of the format.

I used to have that second Spook Show WC, but had to sell it a couple years back. I used to have about a half dozen pretty decent ones, but am down to only 2 now,  and only one that's really any good. :(