GIANT Rat Fink!

Started by creaturerevenge, December 26, 2012, 06:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creaturerevenge

Took advantage of a nice, long, lazy holiday weekend by finally sitting down and painting this giant size Rat Fink piece that I picked up a while ago. It is actually a giant vinyl bank that I picked up at a local record store. He was a neon blue with black overalls when I got him but decided to take him back to his original classic color scheme (don't mind the white goop in parts of his mouth, the gloss medium isn't quite dry yet!) He stands about 2 feet tall...

Do you like monsters? They're my only weakness...

www.creaturerevenge.com
http://creaturerevenge.blogspot.com/

Count_Zirock

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

marsattacks666

Wow! Rat Fink looks really awesome.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Street Worm

westbatman

jimm

curseofthewerewolf

I'm 'Rat Fink green' with envy!!!

creaturerevenge

Thanks guys! He was a really fun piece! I always love ones where you can use really vibrant, unusual colors... though I have to say, I got really tired of masking parts off by the time I was done with him!

www.creaturerevenge.com

Gasport

Beautiful! I have a similar large resin kit that a friend gave me some time ago which deserves a similar treatment...I sense a new years resolution in the making!   

FRANKEinstein

WoW....
I have never seen this before!
I love the size...and nice paint job too!
Jeff

Jim Bertges

He's quite lovely, but do you have a shot of his original color scheme for comparison?
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: creaturerevenge on December 26, 2012, 06:49:57 AM... This giant size Rat Fink piece that I picked up a while ago. It is actually a giant vinyl bank that I picked up at a local record store.
You found something this cool in the Carolinas?!
Zombie Censored
Did they have any more?
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Herr Hussmann

Great paint job on Rat Fink- Ed Roth would be proud! Am I wrong or could that be Mother Bates sitting right next to him?

Eric Von Zipper

creaturerevenge

Yup! Thats him! The blue one in the front row all the way to the right. I found this picture of him online...

I picked him up at a local record store on clearance for about $40 a year or so ago.

After 2 days of looking at him and feeling something wasn't quite right, I finally realized that I should have painted his little hair tuft (and hair in the back) black. I had been waffeling as to weather it should be black or green, snd decided to leave it as green, but the more I looked, the more I realized it really should be black. So I busted the paint back out and touched it up...

www.creaturerevenge.com