Let's see your Christmas tree!!

Started by BlackLagoon, December 01, 2012, 11:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimm

Good stuff all, the trees up, but bare...will post a pic tonite!

Hepcat

Quote from: Splitty on December 03, 2012, 10:43:30 PM
Here's my pics I snapped of last year, and the year before.  I LOVE the Christmas sparkle and spirit, even if I don't really get to celebrate often.

I really like these three shots!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

BigShadow

No tree yet but did finish my outside lights....

IMG_0005 by joe92580, on Flickr
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

BigShadow

Quote from: BlackLagoon on December 01, 2012, 11:53:07 PM

Excuse my language but this is a bitch....every year. It's not much by "train guy" standards. I go and get a 5x9 piece of plywood and have Home Depot cut it down to about ...4x6 I think. Under it I nailed in a couple of 2x4s so it wont bevel and put it up on a couple of work horses in the back sunroom. There is an old red Christmas tablecloth that goes on first...some battery operated LED lights strewn around the edges and then all the crap on top.

So now all the snow and other stuff is laid out..the track is from a Lionel "ready to run set"...the Nutcracker Route. In the center I took 4 pieces of 0 Gauge track and just ran it off the same transformer. The airport beacon runs off a seperate small accessory transformer. I put those 4 pieces there and have luminated bumpers on the ends and threw a few cars on there just to throw off some light.

What's actually running on the track right now is a Lionel Christmas Trolley. I have about 10 locomotives and ALOT of freight cars...it's a small, seasonal set so I don't take the cars out much, though sometimes I'll show em off. The locomotives will make the rounds but they are NOISEY!!....The trolley makes almost no sound save for the clicking of track as it passes.

There are HESS trucks up there, way out of scale but my girl's daughter plays with em and so do my cousins.......and sometimes someone else does too lol.

This looks freaking awesome!!!!

Scatter

Quote from: BigShadow on December 09, 2012, 11:57:08 PM
No tree yet but did finish my outside lights....

IMG_0005 by joe92580, on Flickr

Dude, you got a freaking LEG LAMP!! I love you man!!  :D
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Hepcat

Quote from: charp13 on December 03, 2012, 11:08:33 PMZH- I know I've said it many times before, but your daughters are like bright little stars! They are so sparkly and cute!

And best of all the way they're being raised they're going to grow up to be eactly like this:

;)

BigShadow

Scatter- nothing like a little electric sex to bring in the holiday season.

marsattacks666

Quote from: BigShadow on December 12, 2012, 01:48:30 AM
Scatter- nothing like a little electric sex to bring in the holiday season.

What, what, what?!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Therin of Andor

Omigosh.

A friend asked on Facebook for some old Santa and Christmas tree pics, to enhance a music video, so I told him about my Facebook album. The next day his song was uploaded to Youtube:

http://youtu.be/fFX_359nK08

Watch out for this pic, from 1969:

Christmas tree 1969 by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Some very scary Santa pics in the video clip.
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.

Hepcat

These lights in my bedroom have done yeoman's duty for the past seven Xmas seasons:

:)

Splitty

----^ man, I love red Garland. It's just to rich and cheerful.

I finally decorated the folks house, and snapped a few pics.
They're totally helpless.  :D For years since childhood I've had to decorate for them, and if I don't do it no decorations go up and they're sad.  My mom tried one year, and it was... interesting. She wanted me to come over and fix it.  Which works out, because I love decorating...anything.

They're a bit more traditional with their decor than I am. 

This is just the mantel shot, it changes every year.

These bead trees were made by one of my crafty Grandma yeaarrrs ago, so they come out every year:

And my other Grandma was an Owl collector..... so these!

And they now have a smaller 4 foot Christmas tree, which I thought I'd throw everything I could at it and see if it would stay on. You can still see a wee bit of tree under there. Fiber-optic sparkly too! Nice n' gaudy!

and some cute ornaments because they're cute and cheerful and cute and stuff:

(snowflake inspector)

In a few days I hope to have some of my not quite as normal stuff up, because I can't help it like I though I wouldn't be able to. If all goes well.  ;D

aura of foreboding

Loving all of the amazing Christmas photos! 

ramsey37

Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Hepcat

Quote from: Splitty on December 18, 2012, 05:05:51 AM

This is just the mantel shot, it changes every year.

The addition of Godzilla, Gorgo or the Creature would be a welcome change. They're a very Xmasy green and would look good up in there!

And my other Grandma was an Owl collector..... so these!

Owls are very cool at any time of year!

Fiber-optic sparkly too! Nice n' gaudy!

Oh man! I'm all about gaudy and I love fibre-optics! Sadly the motor of my fibre-optic tree died in January 2011 and fibre-optic Xmas trees are no longer widely sold so I may have to look to get the motor repaired.

:(

charp13

I love this parade of decorations! I am a decoration freak!!
Hep- That garland is so jolly! I love the idea of hanging bulbs from garland...but how do you control your impulse to bat these things around?  :)  My cat loves to knock off anything that's hanging beautifully from a high place. Maybe you just don't have cat access to your bulbs. Anyway- it looks festive and bright!
Splitty- WOW!! Are you a professional decorator? Everything is so lovely! I could gaze at your nature filled mantel all day. And the glow of your trees made my spirit jump. Ahhhh...I'm going to go back and look several more times  :)  I really can't say enough about your mantel- it is so amazing! That little bird nest, and the greenery & snowflakes- BRAVO! It is simply perfect.